Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU approval

I just started my credit building journey last month, and I'm even still working on my reports but I just got approved for a cash reward for 1k sl.  My first unsecured in many years.  Not sure how I got it cuz my scores are still the same as my sliggy but ill take it, and its time to garden for while and work the reports.  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU approval

Hi Jaggo congrats on your credit rebuild journey & your NFCU approval! Treat it well & it'll surely grow...😊
Message 2 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well done Jago22, your in like flynn now so as your profile improves, Navys a good card to have in the bagSmiley Happy Big growth potentialSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you..   yeah, just have to work on growing the card and my patience level for gardening lol

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Navy approval. It may have started low, but can grow nicely for you
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted this in the large NFCU page as well, but thought i would try here too.  

my 90 days would be mid aug.   If they review my acct and give me an auto CLI, would there still be any point to hitting the max button and asking for a manual CLI? or would it auto decline due to the first one?

Also, about how long does it take to start reporting as well..   Thanks to all.

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My card started reporting within 3 weeks. Id imagine depending how much they auto you would i consider asking for another cli but id say judt wait til then to cross thst bridgeSmiley Wink. I should have my 6 months with Navy come August so well see if i get any love or if Navy dont like low incomeSmiley Wink.
Message 7 of 11
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Congrats!  Great start to your credit recovery. NFCU is a great institution to be apart of!

Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
My card started reporting within 3 weeks. Id imagine depending how much they auto you would i consider asking for another cli but id say judt wait til then to cross thst bridgeSmiley Wink. I should have my 6 months with Navy come August so well see if i get any love or if Navy dont like low incomeSmiley Wink.

Yeah, i'm not only building my credit back, i'm working on how to have patience as well lol     I'll cross some fingers toes and what ever else for your CLI, as i'm on that low income thing too.  

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NICKI183 wrote:

Congrats!  Great start to your credit recovery. NFCU is a great institution to be apart of!

Thanks nicki....   if you dont mind me asking, i see you have alot of cards in your siggy...  how do you keep track/manage all that?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.