cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU approved. What next? Should I recon or hit the luv button right away?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU approved. What next? Should I recon or hit the luv button right away?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:
I tried for a CLI right away and it was a HP.

Ok, no thanks.  They do a crazy number of HPs.  I want to get a mortgage in a year or two and need to cool it on the inquiries.  I think I'm just going to leave well enough alone.  Maybe I'll put that seedling back in my signature.

The NFCU thread is long and has changed over time as things have evolved (there is a part 2, an update the the 1st)

a) 2 cards at once isn't really a thing... it's push the one card thru SP CLI's riding the every other month AR...hit the luv button (ask for 25k no matter what)

you'll get a yes but mostly a counter....TAKE IT ....at that point IF you want to app for the 2nd card ok (I wouldn't....until  the Free SP upward ride to 25k is over)

@b) The CLOC is a HP b/c @ NFCU it's handled in a different dept (loans) they pull a different credit model than the CC dept ( I didn't app the CLOC until I was ready for a car loan b/c again you want a 2 for 1 if at all poss)

How much of a CLOC CL did you guys app for jointly......if denied go ahead and recon or take whatever counter...once you're in, the numbers can FLY up FAST w/ NFCU.

The trick is getting in and knowing when to parlay the SP CLI....there is no need to collect crazy HP's....they AR every 2 months and those AR's are good for the month.

I've grown from 14k to 22k within 2 AR's w/o a new (cc dept) HP

Got a car loan and 15k Cloc on the 1 (loan dept) HP

Btw if you hit the luv botton and get no immediate luv or a counter...contact them IMMEDIATELY and you have a 60/40 chance of saving yourself a HP ( b/c if the computer doesn't say yes or give an immediate counter....that means it's going to a desk w/ a person and that means HP...also any 2nd card is again a human being manual review = HP) Avoid anything that requires a manual review and you can avoid HP's

Best of Luck....you'll love Navy

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 13
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.