Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU cash rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU cash rewards

Membership approved as well as cash rewards. $2800!! (Highest CL other than store card) @ 15.65% w 0% intro APR for 12 months for BT.

Data points below.

My question is: everyone says it is a hard pull JUST for membership and that you use that same hard pull for a CC. Well I was approved for membership this morning. Waited about 10 hours ( I was working) and went ahead and applied for the CC. THEN AND ONLY THEN did I get an alert from TU as well as CK and a couple other websites. So I guess they don't pull for membership as some say?? Also will they do another inquiry if I apply for one more card today? If so should I go for it. Or will I scare them off? 

Current fico TU 668 EQ 656 EX 671 (has yet to update with new credit info I.e: (paid balances)

1 collection charge off paid a year ago ($500 GTE FCU) went over 120+ days late on it account closed. PIF to CA

Current reporting UTI (not updated to reflect payments): 43% (high I know)

AAoA:7 months

Capital bank installment(credit builder) loan $1100 Feb '17(closed11/17)

Open sky secured card $400 Feb '17

Capital one May 17. $500. (CLI from 200 to 500 October '17)

Dillards $1000 July '17

Wal-Mart $5000 as of Nov '17 (SL $200 July '17)

FICO 08 02/6/17 TU 533 EQ 512 EX 522

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU cash rewards

congrats on your approval.  Welcome to Navy Federal.

Message 2 of 21
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

If I remember correctly, NFCU does a HP for membership and another for a credit inquiry (I think it's different CRA's). Others on here can pipe in as far as which CRA NFCU pulls for what. 

As far as a second CC right now, not going to happen. General consensus is to wait 6 months before you try for a second card, that said in 90 days + a soft pull on odd months (1 3 5, etc) ask for a CLI in May after your online FICO score at NFCU shows they've updated your score and you'll probably go to $5k plus on that card - NFCU is known for being very good with CLI's and higher CL's. 

Congrats on the card and membership!

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Welcome to the club!  They have given you a chance.  Don't burn them because you'll never get another thing from them if you do.

I am more proud of my NFCU Cash Rewards than any other card I have.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! NFCU credit products beat out USAA by far from my experience.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok well. Ibe been waiting to do an app spree. I was supposed to wait another 2 months for my balances to get down to AZEO and report as such. Buttt I got approved for navy and couldn't resist all the others I wanted. So I will take your advice and not apply for another. But now I don't even have the urge to becausw now I have all prime cards that were on my wish list approved as of just now. Smiley Happy. Going to make another post now. 

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually ill be waiting to make that new post til the very minute I get each card in hand. Just doesn't feel real yet. I'm so used to credit one and my secured cards etc. That ill have to believe it when I see it. And then jump for joy again. I will fill everyone in on approvals and points by the end of this or next week. Hopefully they come sooner than later. 

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roy21, if you're active duty, I'd look at Capital One, they offer 4% rate cap and retroactivate your account. From my experience, you have pretty good approval odds, and get a possible CLI every 6 months.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied to NFCU they pulled EQ for membership and then credit cards have been TU for me.

Congrats on the approval! 👍
Message 9 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go Roy21Smiley Happy Welcome to the clubSmiley Happy. Most of us get a hp for membership and one for cc. Maybe some get lucky?. Enjoy buddySmiley Happy
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.