Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU cashRewards Visa Approved Today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU cashRewards Visa Approved Today

This is my second post/thread. My first told how Chase closed my account. I wanted a high CL Visa/MC to replace my Chase FU ($4500 CL) and based on the NFCU threads I applied (I was an Army Reservist during Desert Storm). Anyway after some hoop-jumping to get my documents verified, I got an e-mail saying my membership was approved. I called the rep to set-up my online account and applied for the cashRewards and got approved...for a $500 sl.

I'm a little annoyed that I didn't get the huge sl that some have posted on this forum (Experian website says I have a 735 and my Discover CC says I have a 730 and per my first thread I'm debt-free with no derogs or anything on my CR) but I'm HAPPY to get in with NFCU and I've decided to go the wait three statements and apply for a higher CL approach.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU cashRewards Visa Approved Today

Congrats!

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval..  Take care of your card and Navy will take care of you. 

Message 3 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Op. I wouldnt worry too much. I probably have the lowest income on myFico, lol, and i started off at $500 with Navy too. 1st increase , went from $500 to 5k and i also have a 7.5k CR so not too shabbySmiley Wink a little time, you be on your waySmiley Happy
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the big picture,  your starting line with NFCU doesn't matter.  It will grow for you, unlike Chase.

It's my favorite card.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

After you apply for your first CLI immediately apply for their lowest interest Platinum card. You may be pleasantly surprised with a much bigger card than the first. I've seen it happen quite often as of late. Good luck!

Message 6 of 24
jlitnns
Established Contributor

wrote:

This is my second post/thread. My first told how Chase closed my account. I wanted a high CL Visa/MC to replace my Chase FU ($4500 CL) and based on the NFCU threads I applied (I was an Army Reservist during Desert Storm). Anyway after some hoop-jumping to get my documents verified, I got an e-mail saying my membership was approved. I called the rep to set-up my online account and applied for the cashRewards and got approved...for a $500 sl.

I'm a little annoyed that I didn't get the huge sl that some have posted on this forum (Experian website says I have a 735 and my Discover CC says I have a 730 and per my first thread I'm debt-free with no derogs or anything on my CR) but I'm HAPPY to get in with NFCU and I've decided to go the wait three statements and apply for a higher CL approach.

Congrats on the approval! I'm in the same boat with a $500 SL, but ended up with a $10k CLOC, smh Robot surprised

Message 7 of 24
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the congrats and the future advice on what to do at NFCU.

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, you’re in now! You’ll be golden. Watch and see. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.