cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU cashRewards Visa Approved Today

New Contributor

NFCU cashRewards Visa Approved Today

This is my second post/thread. My first told how Chase closed my account. I wanted a high CL Visa/MC to replace my Chase FU ($4500 CL) and based on the NFCU threads I applied (I was an Army Reservist during Desert Storm). Anyway after some hoop-jumping to get my documents verified, I got an e-mail saying my membership was approved. I called the rep to set-up my online account and applied for the cashRewards and got approved...for a $500 sl.

I'm a little annoyed that I didn't get the huge sl that some have posted on this forum (Experian website says I have a 735 and my Discover CC says I have a 730 and per my first thread I'm debt-free with no derogs or anything on my CR) but I'm HAPPY to get in with NFCU and I've decided to go the wait three statements and apply for a higher CL approach.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU cashRewards Visa Approved Today

Congrats!

Message 2 of 24
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval..  Take care of your card and Navy will take care of you. 

EQ 669, TU 679, EX 679. Navy Signature Go Rewards 15K, Navy Signature Cash Rewards 16K, Navy AX Rewards 14.4K, Navy CLOC 15K, Navy Mortgage 120K, Navy ATV Loan 14,990K, FLCU Auto 48.7K, FLCU Visa 7.5K, FLCU Visa 1K, AFCU 5K, AFCU Line of Credit 4K, John Deere 15K, Suncoast TB Rays Cash Rewards 6K, Cap1 QS 5K, USAA Rate Advantage 5K, USAA AX Card 9K, State Farm Rewards 2.5K, Paypal Credit 2.8K, Cabela's 2K, Chevron & Texaco Visa 6K, BMO Harris Bank 1.5K, BOA Bass Pro 1.5K, 5/3 Stand up to cancer 4.5K, 5/3 Truly Simple 4K, 5/3 Trio 4K, Amazon Store Card 5K, Lowes 17K, TBFCU 5K, BBT Spectrum 4.5K, BBT Bright 3.5K, BBT Bright 4.5K, Banco Do Brasil Americas 4.2K, Kays Jewerly 2K, AX Green Charge, AX Delta Gold 1K, Morgan Auto Group 1.6K, Kohls 700.
Message 3 of 24
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats Op. I wouldnt worry too much. I probably have the lowest income on myFico, lol, and i started off at $500 with Navy too. 1st increase , went from $500 to 5k and i also have a 7.5k CR so not too shabbySmiley Wink a little time, you be on your waySmiley Happy
OCTOBER 26 2020
Message 4 of 24
Established Contributor

In the big picture,  your starting line with NFCU doesn't matter.  It will grow for you, unlike Chase.

It's my favorite card.

Message 5 of 24
Established Contributor

After you apply for your first CLI immediately apply for their lowest interest Platinum card. You may be pleasantly surprised with a much bigger card than the first. I've seen it happen quite often as of late. Good luck!

Message 6 of 24
Established Contributor

@wrote:

This is my second post/thread. My first told how Chase closed my account. I wanted a high CL Visa/MC to replace my Chase FU ($4500 CL) and based on the NFCU threads I applied (I was an Army Reservist during Desert Storm). Anyway after some hoop-jumping to get my documents verified, I got an e-mail saying my membership was approved. I called the rep to set-up my online account and applied for the cashRewards and got approved...for a $500 sl.

I'm a little annoyed that I didn't get the huge sl that some have posted on this forum (Experian website says I have a 735 and my Discover CC says I have a 730 and per my first thread I'm debt-free with no derogs or anything on my CR) but I'm HAPPY to get in with NFCU and I've decided to go the wait three statements and apply for a higher CL approach.

Congrats on the approval! I'm in the same boat with a $500 SL, but ended up with a $10k CLOC, smh Robot surprised

Message 7 of 24
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

FICO 08 Scores (Nov-18): TU 783, EQ 791, EX 771

Message 8 of 24
New Contributor

Thanks for all the congrats and the future advice on what to do at NFCU.

Message 9 of 24
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, you’re in now! You’ll be golden. Watch and see. Smiley Wink

FICO as of 02/13/2018: 669 EQ Fico 8, 709 TU Fico 8, 716 EX Fico 8
5/3 Truly Simple MC #1 $5k | 5/3 Truly Simple MC #2 $4k | Banco Do Brasil Platinum Visa $3k | Home Depot $2k | HSBC Cash Rewards MC $1.5k | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $1.5k | BMO Harris Platinum Rewards MC $1.2k | HSBC Platinum Rewards MC $1k | Best Buy Visa $1k | Commerce Bank Drury Key Club Visa $1k | Citi Shell Card $0.8k | Penfed Power Cash Rewards $0.5k | Capital One QS1 $0.3k | Macy’s $5k
Message 10 of 24