Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU first card

tag
Lostinthegame
New Contributor

NFCU first card

I decided to apply for NFCU membership and that same day I got approved for the CashRewards card. The limit isn't much considering I have higher limits on other cards but I have a bk showing on TU.

How soon should I wait to request a CLI? Should I start using this card as much as possible so they can see how responsible I am making payments?

Goal cards:
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU first card

Congrats on the approval!!

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on your new approval!

i think 3 statements is the minimum average before requesting for cli for most cards..

not too sure myself.

Message 3 of 13
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

@Lostinthegame wrote:

I decided to apply for NFCU membership and that same day I got approved for the CashRewards card. The limit isn't much considering I have higher limits on other cards but I have a bk showing on TU.

How soon should I wait to request a CLI? Should I start using this card as much as possible so they can see how responsible I am making payments?

How old is your BK? I want to say someone posted in another thread that after BK is a year old $1000 max and after BK is 2 years old normal underwriting applies. Don't quote me on that though.

Message 4 of 13
Lostinthegame
New Contributor

How old is your BK? I want to say someone posted in another thread that after BK is a year old $1000 max and after BK is 2 years old normal underwriting applies. Don't quote me on that though.

It's been 6 years now :'(

Goal cards:
Message 5 of 13
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

I'd say call their recon# they'll probably bump you up.🤷🏻‍♂️

Message 6 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 8 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 9 of 13
Lostinthegame
New Contributor

@Bankrupt2019 wrote:

I'd say call their recon# they'll probably bump you up.🤷🏻‍♂️

Sent a secured message and they said "no" 😢

Goal cards:
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.