cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU increased my limit by $1000 on their own after my FICO score went up to 717

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU increased my limit by $1000 on their own after my FICO score went up to 717

So it been a long time coming but my FICO scores are finally in pretty good standing  (717, 715, 714) with no lates or baddies and 2.5 yr clean history. I have a NFCU card with a $4K limit and as of last week, they randomly increased the limit by $1000. It took me by surprise since my utilization is high on that card and I was working on bringing it down to 20% utilization before asking for an increase to $10-15K.

Since this increase will drop my overall utilization, will this bump my scores up more? Also am I able to make my own request for another increase or should I wait 6 months? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU increased my limit by $1000 on their own after my FICO score went up to 717

Congrats on your auto increase! How long have you had the card?

The increase will help your score, especially if it lowers your utilization to a new tier (ie below 48.9%). You should still be able to ask for an increase, but personally I would wait a couple months so they can see how well you use the new limit.
Message 2 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU increased my limit by $1000 on their own after my FICO score went up to 717

Congrats on Your Navy Auto CLISmiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU auto luv! 

Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your autoSmiley Happy Rare indeedSmiley Wink. You can request anytime but may get the response of recent change to your credit card . You would have to spply to find out. I know if were Amex and you got auto, you could still request more as it wasnt customer initiated on their auto increase.
Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Ask for $25, system will counter

Message 6 of 10
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Congrats on NFCU auto luv ! ! !

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 7 of 10
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!!   Smiley Happy
“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 8 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So it been a long time coming but my FICO scores are finally in pretty good standing  (717, 715, 714) with no lates or baddies and 2.5 yr clean history. I have a NFCU card with a $4K limit and as of last week, they randomly increased the limit by $1000. It took me by surprise since my utilization is high on that card and I was working on bringing it down to 20% utilization before asking for an increase to $10-15K.

Since this increase will drop my overall utilization, will this bump my scores up more? Also am I able to make my own request for another increase or should I wait 6 months? 

Congratulations on the auto CLI. Yes, when a NFCU card is heavily used and paid on time, NFCU tends to give auto CLIs. It has happened for me, my brother, and another friend of ours.

Yes, you can ask for a CLI at anytime, but count on a HP. But like another poster said, I would wait. IMHO, I think waiting 3 months is good.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Ask for $25, system will counter

$25K Smiley Wink

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.