Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU instant approval - with catch?

tag
charleybea
Established Member

NFCU instant approval - with catch?

So I recently joined NFCU under my brother who is a Navy vet and already had an account with them for several years.  I opened both a savings and checking account and then apped for the Go Rewards CC.  I was instantly approved with a $2800 SL.  FICO hovering around 630 across the board, $98,000 income with pretty high UTI (lowering this was one of the reasons I app'd).  

About an hour after printing off the approval screen, I got a text thanking me for applying and stating that my application was submitted and is being reviewed.  This seems different compared to the other experiences I've read where you either get instantly approved and that's it OR you get a notice saying they'll review and get back to you.  I got an instant approval but the text I received is throwing me off.  

Am I approved or is it being reviewed?

Approval screen said the account should show up in my account within 2-3 business days.  It hasn't been quite a full 2 days yet.  I suppose I should wait it out, but was curious if those who got instant approvals also received the same text.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU instant approval - with catch?

I got the opposite. I got the message saying it was under review, then the text saying I was approved. It did finally show up in about 2-3 days on my account screen. I called before that and they told me the amount and explained that it wouldn't show on my accoutn screen until they had generated an account/card number for me. Welcome to NFCU they are truly rock stars.

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey congrats!! I would just call to find out instead of all of the wondering. Thats just my crazy way....otherwise it would drive me crazier...lol. Hope it all goes well...rooting for you!!Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
charleybea
Established Member

Thanks!  I've read such good things about NFCU, so I figured why not.  Just glad I had a way in.  Smiley Happy

I checked my account and the CC is showing up with the amount they approved me for earlier.  So weird to get that text - must have been a glitch?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new Navy card. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@charleybea wrote:

So I recently joined NFCU under my brother who is a Navy vet and already had an account with them for several years.  I opened both a savings and checking account and then apped for the Go Rewards CC.  I was instantly approved with a $2800 SL.  FICO hovering around 630 across the board, $98,000 income with pretty high UTI (lowering this was one of the reasons I app'd).  

About an hour after printing off the approval screen, I got a text thanking me for applying and stating that my application was submitted and is being reviewed.  This seems different compared to the other experiences I've read where you either get instantly approved and that's it OR you get a notice saying they'll review and get back to you.  I got an instant approval but the text I received is throwing me off.  

Am I approved or is it being reviewed?

Approval screen said the account should show up in my account within 2-3 business days.  It hasn't been quite a full 2 days yet.  I suppose I should wait it out, but was curious if those who got instant approvals also received the same text.

I had a similar experience with the CLOC....at the branch the lady said I was approved for 15k, then at home after setting up online it showed pending AND STILL DOES A MONTH LATER--- but it is in fact approved. Just a funny glich in the system.....you're OK

Message 6 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats OpSmiley Happy

As you bring down your uti and with your income, i envision you having 24k limit within 6 months. Navy is very generous and if you have the mula, their appreciation goes ApolloSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new CL. I have been so happy with NFCU!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I got approved today as well.
Message 9 of 13
charleybea
Established Member

@meatman, sounds like a glitch then.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

Appreciate the love everyone!  Had a call from one of their member advisors today to walk me through the account.  So far, I'm loving the personal touches!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.