Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU is like a God among men

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU is like a God among men

First time poster, long time lurker!  Not sure if this is the right area to post but I couldn't be more excited.  Divorced 2/2020 with no bank account, Auto loan, or credit card besides a couple that were left on as authorized users on my ex wife's account.  I always worked on building her credit and never paid attention to mine, so I knew how important it was for financial freedom.  I start paying of old baddies and challenging ones that shouldn't have been there, raised my score enough to obtain Mercedes 45k auto loan and Gm Financial loan for 25k.  From there was able to get onto NFCU because of my fiancé having an account.  Applied for cash rewards and approved for 1kSmiley Happy  Discover & Capital one secures $200 each.  Made payments on time all year and sometimes PIF, these have yet to graduate.  I decided since I got a bonus to pay all my cards off and apply for my 2nd navy card 6 months after opening 1st one.  Approved for Amex 6.3k SL(reconned for 20k in chat still waiting). Applied for CLI on Cash rewards(declined? Not sure why but reconned via chat) applies for personal loan 60 months 18k instantly approved 😳 and unfortunately in December during hurricane my Mercedes was totaled so I also applied for a new auto loan asked for 60k countered and instantly approved for 66k😳 I mean I don't even know what to say it's crazy Navy is the absolute best, hopefully I get some more good news with the credit cards but eitherway pretty awesome.  106.5k annual salary and I don't know my Transunion score unfortunately but it's somewhere around 660!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU is like a God among men

Congrats!

Navy is very much a relationship lender.  Treat them right, they'll treat you right!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 18
Irv02
Established Contributor

Congratulations on all your success!!!  Go Navy!

Message 3 of 18
mgood
Valued Contributor

Way to go. Looks like you're building credit fast.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 25
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 4 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals! Great job on your credit journey.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you 

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did navy require proof of that income?

@Anonymous wrote:

First time poster, long time lurker!  Not sure if this is the right area to post but I couldn't be more excited.  Divorced 2/2020 with no bank account, Auto loan, or credit card besides a couple that were left on as authorized users on my ex wife's account.  I always worked on building her credit and never paid attention to mine, so I knew how important it was for financial freedom.  I start paying of old baddies and challenging ones that shouldn't have been there, raised my score enough to obtain Mercedes 45k auto loan and Gm Financial loan for 25k.  From there was able to get onto NFCU because of my roommate having an account.  Applied for cash rewards and approved for 1kSmiley Happy  Discover & Capital one secures $200 each.  Made payments on time all year and sometimes PIF, these have yet to graduate.  I decided since I got a bonus to pay all my cards off and apply for my 2nd navy card 6 months after opening 1st one.  Approved for Amex 6.3k SL(reconned for 20k in chat still waiting). Applied for CLI on Cash rewards(declined? Not sure why but reconned via chat) applies for personal loan 60 months 18k instantly approved 😳 and unfortunately in December during hurricane my Mercedes was totaled so I also applied for a new auto loan asked for 60k countered and instantly approved for 66k😳 I mean I don't even know what to say it's crazy Navy is the absolute best, hopefully I get some more good news with the credit cards but eitherway pretty awesome.  106.5k annual salary and I don't know my Transunion score unfortunately but it's somewhere around 660!

Message 7 of 18
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your successes!  
Have fun car shopping!

Message 8 of 18
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 18
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Very nice work and I am please to have read about your successes.

Congratulations on the many approvals!

Please continue to update us on your journy... and best wishes on your continued credit building and finacial freedom!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.