Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU love during rebuild w/ collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU love during rebuild w/ collections

Hi everyone,

First off thanks to all who support and carry this forum. I have been rebuilding for years but am finally in a financial space to do so without setbacks. I've lurked this forum for years and you all are a life send and the only ones I trust to verify sometimes shady info. Anywho enough rambling. I just wanted to give someone someone some hope. I've been with Navy for 2 years but recently switched them to my main bank. I opened a 60 month secured loan about on 5/3 to try and give me a boost as I want to purchase a home this year. Paid it down to right under 8% the next day. Started reading about a cc and decided to app tonight for the rewards card based on everyone's stories. Instant approval of $10,000 w/ 17%apr (high but grateful). If you're rebuilding keep going it pays off Smiley Happy. File listed below. If you can get in with Navy do so because no one shows this type of love. Do you all suggest gardening or applying for 2nd card after 91 days?

Fakos - Ex 593, EQ 602, TR 615

Collection accountsTotal balance: $6,492
ARS ACCOUNT RESOLUTION -$578 (Medical and disputing this week)

JEFFERSON CAPITAL SYST - $749 (Disputing this week)

MIDLAND FUNDING - $787 

PORTFOLIO RECOV ASSOC - $4,144

SOUTHWEST CREDIT SYSTE - $69 (Disputing this week)

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU love during rebuild w/ collections

Congrats on your approval! This forum has some much knowledge. Great job on the rebuild as well. As far as the 91/3, in my opinion, it depends on you. If you think you need a 2nd card I would do it. I know some people with be against it since you plan to apply for a mortgage but it varies per person.

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Welcome to the forum! Super Congrats on your Navy Fed approval! Smiley Very Happy

Since you plan on apping for a mortgage later this year, I'd chill for a minute.

You're still in rebuild mode, so you know full well that boosting scores is all

about 1) adding positive tradelines and 2) removing negative ones. I see that

you're in the process of disputing some of your collections. That's a smart move.

Between removing your baddies and adding new positive tradelines like your

Navy Fed card, by year's end you should be in much better shape for your mortgage app. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats again on your success. Please keep us posted

on your progress. Thanks so much for sharing!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... Instant approval of $10,000 ... If you can get in with Navy do so because no one shows this type of love ...

Indeed! That's a great approval -- Congrats! Smiley Happy & thanks for the DPs. Many will benefit. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 5 of 25
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on getting in the door, keep up the good work and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 25
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval and much continued success on the rebuild!!

Message 7 of 25
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous. Congratulations on your approval!

I'm sure you probably all ready know, you can request for APR reduction on the anniversary date of account open.

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Congrats and welcome to the myFico community! Thanks for sharing all the DP's, it is very much appreciated!

The thing that I am learning during my build is that time is my friend and aging my current lines is critical. IMHO, I would use the heck out of the new card, pay in full before the statement cuts, rinse and repeat for six months and then evaluate your options. One thing's for sure, take care of your accounts and the 2nd card will be waiting for you when the time is right! I look forward to following your journey!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Congrats on that MONSTER CL! Really goes to show just how much Navy pays attention to your relationship with them!! Plenty of people with stronger credit profiles only get approved for $500-$1000 all the time when they open an account and then a credit card back to back!

I would think (based on your approval) that at 91/3 they will approve you for another card (if you need one)! As far as gardening goes, If you have 3 revolvers, and all the credit cards you NEED, I would garden until mortgage!

Congrats again, I hope to one day have a line that big, and I know with navy, it will happen!

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.