cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU low SL?

armymed80
Frequent Contributor

NFCU low SL?

So, The NFCU CLI and additional card thread had the preface but Ill post some DP's for anyone that might find it useful. 

Finally got my wife to a point where we took the drive to the closest branch so I could see my favorite good luck charm...(the rep that helped with my decent SL) and she helped my wife get set up with an account and walked her through the process of applying for the CR with $250 SUB.

My wife... a year ago had high 400s across the board. I have since been able to remove 3 collections, 2 charge offs, and a total of 9 late payments. Currently on her credit reports, all 3, the only derogatory remarks are as follows- 2 paid charge offs that first premier will not remove for the life of me as well as 4 late Capital One payments that are a year and a half old. Cap One will not budge either, even after writing to the CEO and all that mess, they just wont.

Her credit scores are EQ/EX/TU 660/668/678. She has an awful Cap One QS, secured Discover IT and she is an authorized user on one of my older cards. AAOA 2yr 7mo. And finally, she went into the app with 8% utl but she left a balance on her Cap One and the utl on that card specifically was 19% at the time it was last reported. meh

After applying, my good luck charm came back with $1000 SL. Honestly, I should be more excited then I really am - I keep telling myself that at least she is in the door with NFCU. A couple of months with responsible use and we all know Navy grows! I think the fact that Navy threw a decent SL at me I was thinking they would do the same for her... I know it could be worse and we could have to go the secured route. So, from here hopefully her Discover graduates in May and she applies for a second card in June. Planning on waiting the full 6 months for a CLI as most of the data here suggests higher numbers that way. 

Rant** over. Thanks for reading and hopefully that will help someone. 

As always. Thank you guys and gals

Cheers!

Starting scores - 480 - 11/05/18
Current Scores -

7 REPLIES 7
Marz2002
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU low SL?

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

for your DW!!!

CONGRATS on the NFCU Approval and the SL!!!

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $13.7K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $14K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Discover IT $19K | OpenSky $300 | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) |
BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards $3K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $33.5K | NFCU Flagship VS $19K
Macy's AMEX $18K | Apple Card WEMC $6K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

TCL - $211K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Mega Contributor

Big congratsSmiley Happy. Its understandable. Navy spoils us and then we read all these huge success stories from people with credit issues , when it comes our turn, a smaller than thought of sl comes and our sails are let out a littleSmiley Wink. We're human. But just remember, it will grow, and if not right away, eventually. Plus there is usually the secord card theory that can make ones 1st card look like a speedbump lol. Use it well and youll be rewarded. And hey, a $250 bonus, not badSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 8
armymed80
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Big congratsSmiley Happy. Its understandable. Navy spoils us and then we read all these huge success stories from people with credit issues , when it comes our turn, a smaller than thought of sl comes and our sails are let out a littleSmiley Wink. We're human. But just remember, it will grow, and if not right away, eventually. Plus there is usually the secord card theory that can make ones 1st card look like a speedbump lol. Use it well and youll be rewarded. And hey, a $250 bonus, not badSmiley Wink

Exactly!! You got that right... Navy took me on a date and I became a stage 5 clinger and I thought Navy would do the same with my spouse.. shes much better looking then me!! 

Your right.. It will grow. I dont think there is anything else I could have done for her profile...it's just thin...responsible use and I'm hopeing to see some growth. I'll be testing the second card theory 2 months before her so I'll have some more data then. 

$250 isn't a bad deal at all... have to remember that a year ago..even applying to NFCU was a far off idea... small victories!

Thanks man!

Starting scores - 480 - 11/05/18
Current Scores -

Message 4 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 665, EQ- 670
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 5 of 8
VoltronM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval !!!!

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 6 of 8
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations

Message 7 of 8
doinit1
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! That is great news!!

American Express Business Gold(NPSL 10k) Chase CSP (25k) BofA CR Siggy (20.8k) BofA BBR (22.1k) Amex BCP(4.1k) Overstock (21.1K) Lowes (17K) NFCU CLOC (15K) NFCU VS Cash (15K) Care Credit (15k) J Crew( 11.9k)Venture WMC (10.25k) Amex Everyday (1k) Chase Slate (10k) Walmart MC(10k) BB Visa (10k) Discover(4.5k☝️) PayPal Cashback Mastercard (8k) Chase FU (7.4k) Citi AAdvantage Gold World Elite (9.5K) Citi Double Cash (8.5k) Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card (6.5K) PenFed PCR (5K) PayPal Credit (4550)Discover (500✌️) Kohls (3k) Chase Freedom (1500)

Mortgage May 2017 - 2 auto loans (1 PenFed and 1 Navy) Aug 2018=98K
Gardening until June 2021

FICO 8 Scores EX 700 EQ 696 TU 703
AAOA 5.2yrs TCL=268,700
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.