Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU... my first 5-digit limit!

tag
GoingForTheMortgage
Established Member

NFCU... my first 5-digit limit!

After my good luck with Discover giving me my highest limit ($9k), on a whim I applied for my second Navy card. I'm less than two years out of BK discharge, so I thought my chances of anything great were slim... I nearly jumped out of my chair when it not only came back as approved, but approved with a $10k limit! :::happy dance:::! Even before my BK, my limits were always low. I think my highest was $2500.

Out if curiosity, does anyone know when it'll show in my account? They emailed me with access to my card number, expiration, and security code so that I can start spending towards my SUB spend, but it's not with my other accounts when I log in. I was approved on Saturday. Thanks!
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU... my first 5-digit limit!

Congrats!!! That’s a nice starting limit. Looking forward to my first 5-digit approval someday!

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome - that’s a real motivator in your rebuild from BK. Congrats!
Message 3 of 24
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 4 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy if you didnt pay for delivery most likely in 5-7 business days to arrive the card.
Message 5 of 24
GoingForTheMortgage
Established Member

Is that also when it'll show up in my account? I'm actually already using the card on things I'd be buying anyway so that I can inch towards the $2500 spend. As of right now I'm just spending with no visible record to make sure that I'm not being overcharged or anything. My last card showed up in my account almost immediately, so it's just weird that it's not there, I guess.

Thanks!
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on yourNFCU approval and nice SL! 

Message 7 of 24
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

It was a holiday weekend so maybe it’ll show up today?

Message 8 of 24
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@GoingForTheMortgage wrote:
After my good luck with Discover giving me my highest limit ($9k), on a whim I applied for my second Navy card. I'm less than two years out of BK discharge, so I thought my chances of anything great were slim... I nearly jumped out of my chair when it not only came back as approved, but approved with a $10k limit! :::happy dance:::! Even before my BK, my limits were always low. I think my highest was $2500.

Out if curiosity, does anyone know when it'll show in my account? They emailed me with access to my card number, expiration, and security code so that I can start spending towards my SUB spend, but it's not with my other accounts when I log in. I was approved on Saturday. Thanks!

WooHoo. Congratulations to you. Usually, it shows up within a few hours, but maybe due to the holidays, it was delayed. But I’m 100% sure you’ll see it today. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 24
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Congratulations! Navy's generosity breeds great loyalty! As others have said, NFCU is usually pretty quick to get the account up on their website, but were probably slowed down by the holiday. It will likely be up today. And IIRC, they express mailed my card (FedEx maybe), so I had the physical card quickly as well.

Enjoy the card and the high SL!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.