Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU nRewards 6 month upgrade

tag
ghgirll40
New Contributor

Re: NFCU nRewards 6 month upgrade

@Anonymalous wrote:

Congrats! I'm entertained by how they referred to the cards by color (green, blue) instead of by their names. Smiley LOL

It's because people not on this forum get really confused by the card names and understand colors so much better 😂

|EX 736|TU 722|EQ 718| NFCU Platinum Visa Signature |
Message 11 of 14
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@ghgirll40 wrote:

@Anonymalous wrote:

Congrats! I'm entertained by how they referred to the cards by color (green, blue) instead of by their names. Smiley LOL

It's because people not on this forum get really confused by the card names and understand colors so much better 😂

Smiley LOL

It's very exciting to be in the door with NFCU.  I've got a lot of plans in the next year... I'd like to refinance my auto loan with them and plan to apply for other CC products once my reports are free of the baddies in the next 6-12 months.  In the meantime I'll use this new card and wait for some CLI love.

Thanks for chiming in everyone.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 12 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Conversion Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 13 of 14
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to everyone who told me that NFCU will show some love after I establish some history with them.  I will be honest and say that I wasn't exactly thrilled about getting a secured card with them being that I already had multiple unsecured cards with other lenders.  

6 months ago I put down a $750 deposit.  I was given an auto CLI to $1150 on the 4th month... and yesterday my 6th statement cut with a $0 balance.

I sent a secured message yesterday...

I received a credit limit increase on this secured card in October and was told my account would be reviewed after 6 months for an upgrade to an unsecured card.

I just received my 6th monthly statement and the balance is $0. I am wondering when this review will take place because I believe I have earned the account upgrade.

I received a reply this morning...

Thank you for your eMessage, TRC_WA. Congratulations!! Your Secured nRewards Visa account was just converted today to our cashRewards Visa account with a limit increase to $2,000.00. Your new green cashRewards Visa card is on the way. It will arrive in a plain white envelope without our name or logo for security purposes within the next 7 to 10 business days. You may continue to use the blue card until you receive the new green one. Please destroy your blue card once you receive the green one. The $750.00 hold funds in your savings account will be released within two to three business days so they will be available for you to use. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Pretty cool...  everything is going according to plan.  I'm going to pay down my debt (most is 0%) in 2023 and all the Ch 13 baddies will be gone from my reports by the end of the year. I'll be sitting pretty in 2024.

I know NFCU has other card options but I'm gonna wait on those till the reports are clean.

Thanks again everyone.  Sound advice.  NFCU has been great which is more than I can say for Penfed.

@TRC_WA  Congratulations on your new Cash Rewards card!  Glad to see you back.  I remember when you were applying for it and I could understand how you felt back then.  I started in May of 2021 and I have their Cash Rewards at $6300 and the Flagship at $23,300.  I got my Flagship 4 months after I got the Cash Rewards card, even with a couple dings still on my report.  I think you will be surprised at how quick your card will grow.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.