Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU nRewards Approval after 7yr Restriction

tag
sznthescore
Established Contributor

NFCU nRewards Approval after 7yr Restriction

Hello Everyone!

Sorry about long post but I have details, details, details... I'm currently in the garden as of July 2021. Lets hope I can stay there for at least 18 months.  Here's my strory...

Became a member of Navy Federal in 2011. Fraud took place on my checking account and I was kicked out the club. It wasnt my fault so I did not want to remedy the situtation out of pocket.  I tried other credit unions, but they just didnt quite compare to Navy Federal. Still naive to credit I filed BK in 2013. Included was one CC account I had with Navy Federal in the filing.

The weirdest thing was I would get monthly statements religously, but had no access to the account.  I tried to re-apply as a new member. No go. I asked them what do I need to do to get back in their good graces. They said PAY US! I refused.

Lurking on the myfico board I would see so many good things about Navy Federal. I'd say I used to be a member and/or according to their records I still am, but without any access to my checking or savings account, online banking, etc. Everything was blocked and restricted.

Fast forward to May 2021... I called and asked,  how much do I owe?  $700 for a CC and $1500 for fraudulent checking account activity. I'm like OMG! I bit the bullet. I paid. Then I was told to go through the security appeal process in regards to possibly reactivating membership. Possibly!!! I was nervous on that part, but I did it anyway.

A few days later all doors were open! I dont know who I though I was but I jumped out the gate and applied for the CashRewards card. I had a few posititive account reporting so I thought I would be good, but I was denied. Navy Federal said, not so fast. I applied for the secured card 21 days later and was approved. I'll start there and take my time. But I'm back in.

DPs

Open Credit Accounts at the time of application

Applied Bank Secured  $500 Opened 09/2019 - Closed 05/2021

Emory Allicance CU  $500  Opened  05/2020 - Closed 05/2021

Capital One QS $300  Opened  12/2020 

US Bank Secured  $500  Opened  10/2020

Georgia Own Secured $200  Opened  04/2020

Citi Secured  $200  Opened  03/2020

Grain Technology $400  Opened  12/2020 - Closed March or April 2021 Not reported yet though.

3 Separate Student Loans

5 Collection Accounts

#1 Opened 02/2021  Credit Collection

#2  Opened  05/2016  Portfolio Recovery

#3  Opened  12/2014 National Credit Systems

#4  Opened  09/2017 LVNV Funding

#5  Opened  07/2018  ERC

1 Bankrupcy 2013

13 Hard Inquires on TransUnions at the time of Secured card application.

The secured card made 14 total now.

TransUnion FICO SCORE low 600s

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU nRewards Approval after 7yr Restriction

Congrats on your NFCU nRewards approval

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sznthescore wrote:

... I bit the bullet. I paid ...

Nicely played.Smiley Wink Congrats! & thanks for the DPs.

Message 3 of 9
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats Smiley Happy.

Message 4 of 9
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@sznthescore That's quite a story, CONGRATS on your NFCU nRewards approval and Welcome to the FORUMS!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 9
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU nRewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 9
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your NFCU nRewards approval and welcome to the forum! 👍🏼

Message 7 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on getting back in with Navy and your NRewards approval!

Message 8 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting back in the door Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.