cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU nRewards FINALLY Graduated/Platinum Approved!

tag
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

NFCU nRewards FINALLY Graduated/Platinum Approved!

Long story short my nRewards secured card has been open since August of 2019. No matter what I did, this card never graduated. I ran tons of spend through this account and made multiple payments each month. Navy also would always instant decline any new application I submitted.

Every few months or so I called in to "check on the graduation status" even though I'm always told its all automated and was told a manual review isn't possible. Well I decided to call in on Wednesday and I was told if I "wanted to try" I could send a SM online to request a Manual Review. The representative said that she wasn't sure if thats something the lending department did, but that I could send a message over as it doesn’t hurt to ask.

In my message I outlined my excellent account history as well as the fact that I run thousands of dollars of spend through this account each month and that I'm thinking of closing it at this point since my account usage wasn't feeling recognized. For the majority of this year this card has been SD since I was getting fed up with it. The only transaction on it was for about $10,000 back in April which I obviously had to transfer the funds over before making the purchase. Well Thursday night I received a response saying a review of my account was done and that it graduated to the cashRewards account with a $2,000 limit.

I then proceeded to apply for the Platinum card which went to review and then was approved for $2,300 a few hours later. I sent a recon message regarding the SL to take advantage of the balance transfer rate (still waiting to hear back). If the recon is denied that's a bummer, but fine by me as I know that 91/3 isn't too far away. At the end of the day I'm beyond grateful that my account finally converted and that I was able to open a second account as well. 

I know everyone says to be extremely patient with NFCU and I very much have been the past few years. I was extremity frustrated with my secured card situation as Navy is my main bank and I keep the majority of my money with them as well as the majority of my spend. Glad to know that it's finally being rewarded and that a manual review is in-fact possible! I'm looking forward to Navy finally growing with me after all this time!

Bk Chp. 7 Discharged 04/13/2018
Date of filing: 01/11/2018
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU nRewards FINALLY Graduated/Platinum Approved!

CONGRATS @jonnyc on your NFCU nRewards Graduation and your Platinum card approval - your perseverance Paid Off!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 12
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU graduation and approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 12
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your NFCU nRewards Graduation & Platinum approval

Message 4 of 12
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and nRewards graduation!!

Message 5 of 12
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your graduation and approval!!

Message 6 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your continued success Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
Titans84
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your NFCU graduation and approval!

Current FICO 8:

Message 8 of 12
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Yeah, sometimes it can go a little slower but they'll start opening up more.

Big congrats to you!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 9 of 12
GrandBay
Frequent Contributor

@jonnyc  Congrats on your graduation and approval

most importantly, thanks for reminding us to stay patient! 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.