Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU nRewards secured Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU nRewards secured Approval!

It's been awhile since I posted but... Woo! I was so estatic. Despite the shortcomings over the last two months, I wasn't sure if I would be approved. Working on getting my utilisation down. Right now my utilisation will report as 82% (grr for rounding up 0.819%) until the new billing cycle posts for next month. I went for $200 limit since I didn't want to put all of my self lender savings into a new account, instead of used the money to pay down my disco and capital one. I'm a bit bummed that I couldn't get the card when I originally planned for it 2 months ago, but I'm happy it will be reporting next month.

I'm almost out of the dog house with Capital one, was advised to apply for an increase in credit limit (which I didn't want, will not be opening anymore cards with capital one, they're almost as bad as chase), to my surprise they're starting to like me again lol. I will try in 2-3 months to see if they will give me a bump. The card should of had a 3,000 limit by now. My disco evaluation is next week. drove myself a bit crazy reading about all the different experiences. Hoping for the best. I'll try to be more active Smiley Happy

Update:
Forgot to include the data points

TU pulled with a score of 560 

Recovering from misguided credit usage for almost a decade
(1 collection currently paying, 1 paid less than last month, 2 defaulted student loans from 2010)

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU nRewards secured Approval!

Congratulations on your approval! You're with one of the best CUs.
Message 2 of 22
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your NFCU nRewards secured Approval and Welcome to the NFCU family!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! 

I definitely agree on that Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marz2002 wrote:

CONGRATS on your NFCU nRewards secured Approval and Welcome to the NFCU family!!! 

Double thanks, I appreciate the welcoming ^_^ 

Message 5 of 22
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats!
I have no CC's with Navy, but i've moved all my checking and some savings to them and i couldn't be more happy. Their CC's will definitely be in my future.

|  
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

GREAT JOB ! ! ! 👍
Message 7 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 22
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 9 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Any Navy card is awesomeSmiley Happy big congratsSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.