cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU new member low credit score APPROVED FOR UNSECURED VISA!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU new member low credit score APPROVED FOR UNSECURED VISA!

NFCU offers a tremendous oppourtunity for those across the spectrum of credit profiles from those with new credit, rebuilding and excellent credit.  Congrats on the approval.  Take great care of NFCU and your credit overall and they will take amazing care of you.  I went from a secured card to two CC with a combined 32k in limits plus a 15k CLOC and an auto loan.  My wife has done even better with 36k spread over 2 cards and 15k CLOC.  For reference we were in low to mid 500's in July of 2014 having not used any CC for 5 years with multiple chargeoffs, collections and lates.  We simply plugged away out our rebuild and NFCU gave us new accounts and CLI's.  I expect over the next year for our limits to grow on each of our cards. 

Message 11 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Hey congrats Op and welcome to the Navy fed family, sorry about USAA , it should not matter if the service member is alive or passed esp if you have proof of service .
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! Wow this is such a positive space. I have been reading the forum discussions for awhile but glad to finally take he plunge and write a post.
Message 13 of 18
sweetcinn
Valued Member

Congrats!! NFCU will definitely be good to you.  They took a chance on me and are a major part of my rebuilding!!  You are well on your way Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I joined NFCU in June 1st, of 2017. My dad was in the Air Force and is deceased. I was still eligible. I had his DD214 handy but only needed to submit my ID & a utility bill for verification. I scanned it in through a secured link in the email. About 5 days later I got an email telling me my bank packet and debit card are on the way.

I am so thankful that Navy Federal will honor my dad’s service, unlike USAA who basically say too bad, any familial benefit died with him so if he didn’t sign up, oh well.
As soon as I make my first deposit, I will be applying for their secured card. Will keep you posted.

BUT A DECEASED PARENT OR SPOUSE STILL MAKES YOU ELIGIBLE AT NAVY FEDERAL, AS WELL AS SOMEONE WHO SHARES YOUR RESIDENCE! And this is as of June 1, 2017. I didn’t need any outside organization affiliation.

Hope this helps

***UPDATE!!!*** as of June 12, 2017 I am the proud owner of an UNSECURED NFCU rewards Visa! My credit scores have to be in the low 500s. I have no idea how this happened but between this bank having customer service agents available 24-7, and me being approved for a $2000 unsecured card, I am a member for life.

I got the unsecured card by asking to apply for a secured card and the woman asked if I had money In my new account to fund the security card and I told her that he transfers from my prior bank had not made it to Navy Federal yet and I told her that I would call back when that happened. She said well why don't we just apply for an unsecured card and see what happens. I giggled and said well I have nothing to lose, sure go ahead. I know it will be a rejection. She said let's think positive. We filled out the app, and she screamed lol she was literally as overjoyed as I had ever heard a CSA. She was screaming I told you to give it a chance, you're approved!!!! $2000 Visa rewards!!!

I love NFCU.

Congrats..Navy is a great bank and you will do well here..    for the CC,  thats exactly about how i got mine.  i called to see about the secured and they said why not try just in case and i got approved.  

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I am loving NFCU and very proud to be a member. Their customer service at the contact centre as well as at the branch have always been tops! 

Message 16 of 18
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations to the two new NFCU members.  It is hard to beat NF.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's Amazing!! Congratulations!!Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.