Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU platinum approval for 2k but denial for cloc

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU platinum approval for 2k but denial for cloc

So glad I found out about NFCU, I switched my credit union yesterday under sponsorship of my father, disabled vet-navy. Anyway, applied for platinum card, instant approval for 2K. I'm rebuilding and this is my highest limit thus far. I applied for cloc too-denied. Need some advice on when to apply. My TU is 583. No lates in close to one year, 8 inq in the last year. When should I request CLIs? When should I re apply for cloc? I'm new to this forum, your input is greatly appreciated 😁
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU platinum approval for 2k but denial for cloc

After you've had three full statements cut and 91 days (my third statetement cut on day 75 or so, so I had to wait until day 91). Then you can apply for a CLI. For the record, I was denied a CLI but I apped for a second card and they approved me. Crazy how that happens.

There is a thread here that is pretty epic about NFCU and CLI. I am not smart enough to link it, but it updates several times per day with various navy folks. Good reading. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh, thanks! I'll search for it. Hopefully someone can link this, I have no idea either lol
Message 3 of 11
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

All 300-some-odd pages of it in all its gloriousness. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional-...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional-...

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 4 of 11
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Yea your scores are just to low for the CLOC build some history the will reward in the mean time make sure u understand how the CLOC works there is no grace period interest accures as soon as u draw against it.  Good luck in the future.

@Anonymous wrote:
So glad I found out about NFCU, I switched my credit union yesterday under sponsorship of my father, disabled vet-navy. Anyway, applied for platinum card, instant approval for 2K. I'm rebuilding and this is my highest limit thus far. I applied for cloc too-denied. Need some advice on when to apply. My TU is 583. No lates in close to one year, 8 inq in the last year. When should I request CLIs? When should I re apply for cloc? I'm new to this forum, your input is greatly appreciated 😁

Message 5 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Cloc is also often a EQ pull.

Credit card TU

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Congrats, welcome to the forum and Navy👏👏👏

2) Navy is pretty generous...FYI for future appers
If your CC SL is sub 5k
I wouldn't app the CLOC

It's a different department and if the CC department only issues 2,3,4k I'd hold off on the CLOC

The relationship can grow nicely quickly, so don't fear OP

You said this was already your highest CL, so Navy may just wanna see how you perform a bit before they go all in.... perfectly normal no big deal your IN🙌
Message 7 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your new Plat! Navy is da BombSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the same exact situation, just wanted to say thank you for helping out and answering questions. I pull the trigger on my CLI Nov 2. I'll hold off on the CLOC for a few more months, since I was denied once already. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in the same exact situation, just wanted to say thank you for helping out and answering questions. I pull the trigger on my CLI Nov 2. I'll hold off on the CLOC for a few more months, since I was denied once already. 

That's a good plan. NFCU will treat you right for sure. Just gotta play the game

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.