Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU rocks!!!!

tag
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

NFCU rocks!!!!

So over the last 5 days I have been agle to get approved for a cash rewards cc for $1K, LOC for $500 and refi on my wife's car for 18K with the intrest rate cut in half on what we had with Capital One.  All this and I have been a member for approx 1 week.  I owe a huge thank you to NFCU, this forum and the members here.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU rocks!!!!

@oldman425 wrote:

So over the last 5 days I have been agle to get approved for a cash rewards cc for $1K, LOC for $500 and refi on my wife's car for 18K with the intrest rate cut in half on what we had with Capital One.  All this and I have been a member for approx 1 week.  I owe a huge thank you to NFCU, this forum and the members here.

Congratulatios..Nice!

Just wait until you have had the card for 3 statements, hopefully you will get a nice CLI... And, there is nothing better than your APR dropping by 50% when refinancing your car - mine went down over 10% when I did my refi with them in July (17.8 to 4.79)..

Your next stop should be PenFed! NFCU has been awesome to me.. and now, PenFed has too Smiley Happy

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Enjoy your new credit and lower interest on your car!

Message 3 of 15
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@oldman425 wrote:

Oldman425,

Congratulations on your successful approvals with NFCU! It sounds like you're on the right track with the CU.

Guyatthebeach

Message 4 of 15
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

@oldman425 wrote:

Congratulatios..Nice!

Just wait until you have had the card for 3 statements, hopefully you will get a nice CLI... And, there is nothing better than your APR dropping by 50% when refinancing your car - mine went down over 10% when I did my refi with them in July (17.8 to 4.79)..

Your next stop should be PenFed! NFCU has been awesome to me.. and now, PenFed has too Smiley Happy

I'm a member at PenFed now as well.  Let's see how the application goes for the credit card.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats I just became a member today 12/28 as well and appd for a Cash Rewards card. Got approved for a 4k Limit I can't wait to refinance my car through them.

@oldman425 wrote:

Message 6 of 15
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

And, apparently PenFed Rocks about 11 times as much as NFCU does for you..LOL!!

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Yes, NFCU rocks!! Love them so far! Great customer service and the member mall is wonderful! 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:

@oldman425 wrote:

Congratulatios..Nice!

NFCU has pushed my limit to 15k in less than a couple months. Penfed.... denied me credit. not even $500 with them. Even did a recon and they stood by their denial. :-(

Message 9 of 15
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:

@oldman425 wrote:

Congratulatios..Nice!

NFCU has pushed my limit to 15k in less than a couple months. Penfed.... denied me credit. not even $500 with them. Even did a recon and they stood by their denial. :-(

@They have both been very strange, but good to me. NFCU denied me, then sent a preapproval a few days later that worked ($5K cash rewards, that is now @$20K 4 months later), PenFed denied me in Aug/Sept.. but just instant approved $11.5K, reconned to $15K.. In the end, I like them both!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.