Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU second card approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU second card approval

I applied over the weekend for the platinum card & it went pending. I was really thinking that it will turn out a denial since today would be day 3. Well I just got the approval text not too long ago! They approved me for $1000 & im ok with the low sl because I know it will grow 6-8 months from now. I originally wanted the GoRewards but I heard it's easier to get the platinum. Could I product change down the line?

I am very happy with NFCU. I now have a $7500 Cash Rewards card, 12k Cloc, and the 1k platinum. BK7 discharged 13 mos ago.

My credit scores across the board is 645-665 with 21% utilization.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU second card approval

Congrats on your approval...very nice!!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval.  I have not made it past the third statement on my Cash Rewards card and they already sent me a pre-approval for the Platinum card.  I like it how they want me to have credit but I feel like a $17,600 SL is plenty enough on the one card.

I finally hit a CU at the exact right time when they were being generous.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval.  I have not made it past the third statement on my Cash Rewards card and they already sent me a pre-approval for the Platinum card.  I like it how they want me to have credit but I feel like a $17,600 SL is plenty enough on the one card.

I finally hit a CU at the exact right time when they were being generous.

Thank you! NFCU is definitely very generous when giving out cli's to their customers.

Message 4 of 12
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied over the weekend for the platinum card & it went pending. I was really thinking that it will turn out a denial since today would be day 3. Well I just got the approval text not too long ago! They approved me for $1000 & im ok with the low sl because I know it will grow 6-8 months from now. I originally wanted the GoRewards but I heard it's easier to get the platinum. Could I product change down the line?

I am very happy with NFCU. I now have a $7500 Cash Rewards card, 12k Cloc, and the 1k platinum. BK7 discharged 13 mos ago.

Congrats to you and that's amazing with your stats!!!   BK7 DISCHARGED 13 MONTHS AGO, 645-665 and 21% utility

I say that because NFCU declined me for 2 cards since joining last year, so I took a 3rd INQ around Mother's Day and opened a secured card with $1600 and was approved, lol.

Then I registered with PENFED and they approved me for the Power Cash Rewards SL 10K 14.74 APR

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 5 of 12
padme
Established Contributor

Congrats on everyone's success. better jump on the train while u can.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval...

Yes, you can product change down the line when you are ready! I believe you can do it on anycard except Flagship while the CL is under $5k.

Message 7 of 12
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Hey congrats On the 2nd cc with them enjoy
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, you can product change down the line when you are ready! I believe you can do it on anycard except Flagship while the CL is under $5k.

Thank you!

Do you know how soon NFCU will allow a product change? I was thinking after 30days of account opening but if it's too soon then I can wait 3 months or so..

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

Do you know how soon NFCU will allow a product change? I was thinking after 30days of account opening but if it's too soon then I can wait 3 months or so..

Day after approval!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.