Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU

Congrats on the CLI!!!  I hit the luv button on Friday evening and got the "under review. answer within 24 hours" response. Still having a little optimism that I will get some similar luv from them

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the CLI!!!  I hit the luv button on Friday evening and got the "under review. answer within 24 hours" response. Still having a little optimism that I will get some similar luv from them

If you have a balance, pay it to under $100 and if they deny you, I'd call in and ask them to reconsider. That's what I had to do as mine went under review also. It's another pull but WTH if you can get a sweet CLI right?

Just my $.02.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, NFCU makes the HP's worthwhile.  Take good care of your CC and CLOC and in 6 months after the AR you can get yourself a CLI without having to do the HP.  Once you get that CLI it should go up to close to 20k or perhaps over.  If you get a CLI at that level you might want to take a crack at another NFCU card and grow that one.  There is a great thread on NFCU CLIs under Credit Card Applications started by Credit Addict.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, NFCU makes the HP's worthwhile.  Take good care of your CC and CLOC and in 6 months after the AR you can get yourself a CLI without having to do the HP.  Once you get that CLI it should go up to close to 20k or perhaps over.  If you get a CLI at that level you might want to take a crack at another NFCU card and grow that one.  There is a great thread on NFCU CLIs under Credit Card Applications started by Credit Addict.

Yep! You pretty much nailed the plan. SUPER familiar with CreditAddicts thread. It's amazing and is what spurred this whole thing as I just got the first AR in March. I'm hoping to get scores around 700-750 by the end of this year. The only thing I forsee is UTIL going up high for a while. **EDIT: Wait...I have $12,800 in available credit now....I have to stop thinking of $800 as high utilization! Still getting used to the thought of being able to spend WITHIN my means WITHOUT being at like 99% utilization!!!!!!!!** Getting married May 6th. It's mostly getting paid for in cash but then we have the honeymoon as well. Worst case scenario will pay everything all the way down with 2017 tax return but SERIOUSLY doubt it'll get that bad. Have actually been really suprised how much I've been able to put through these cards and not really strain my finances, still saving, etc. I'm super comfortable with my SLs right now but it'd sure be fun to have a 20-25k card just for bragging rights lol. I think the next thing I have my eye on is a metal card though. Family member just showed me their metal Amazon Prime card today. Pretty slick! But it'll be a year probably before I app for ANYTHING else unless we have a car go out or something and need an auto loan. What a cool feeling knowing that I'll likely get approved though! AHHH!!! LOVE THIS FORUM! LOVE NFCU! Cap1 is okay. LOL

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Thank you for sharing the data pts with me ☺️

No problem. Thanks for all your posts. You really helped me along my journey. Especially with NFCU. Are you compiling stats somewhere, sir? Would love to see a spreadsheet or something...

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. That's an awesome CLI
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.