Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU :-)

tag
nubian7723
Established Member

NFCU :-)

I'm new to the board, well not really. I've been reading and enjoying everyone's post on here, but here is why I decided to post. I just joined Navy Federal Credit Union. They did 2 hard pulls thru transunion. 1 for initial membership and the 2nd for a mortgage app. Then they did a 3rd pull for the Visa Signature Rewards care.  I was approved for a $15,000.00 limit. I was shocked. I had no plans on getting anymore credit cards because I'm going through underwriting now with my mortgage. I'm so happy that NFCU approved me, but now I'm worried that it might affect my loan app with underwriting. My loan officer said not to worry about it, but I can't help but to do so. On a last note, I wanted to thank all the MYFICO members for disclosing so much of their personal financial info on the site, and helping other members obtain their goals.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: NFCU :-)

Welcome to the forum! The rule of thumb is not to apply for any new TL until your mortgage has closed. That being said, maybe your d-t-i ratio will be able to handle your new cc. Unless that loan officer is an UW and would put your loan approval in writing- I would have waited.

But NFCU is a little different and hopefully it will not affect your pending app!
Message 2 of 47
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

welcome to the forum, and congrats on your mortgage and approvals. NFCU is amazing!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 3 of 47
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Congrats!!
That's strange, I just joined nfcu tonight and the rep told me it was only a soft pull.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 4 of 47
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:
Congrats!!
That's strange, I just joined nfcu tonight and the rep told me it was only a soft pull.

That rep was very ill informed.

NFCU is known as the HP happy CU.

They'll HP you just for thinking about em...LOL!!!

No seriously, they are a phenominal CU and welcome to the NFCU club.....but they did HP you at least once on TU and EQ.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 5 of 47
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:
Congrats!!

As all of us on here know, NFCU will HP you if you even think about apping! I mean, they are very HP happy and I wouldn't believe that rep for a second. It will be a HP. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 6 of 47
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Oooops....forgot to tell the OP Congrats!!!!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 7 of 47
nubian7723
Established Member

Thank you, however I had no intentions on applying for the card, but they said that because they already did 2 hard pulls to initiate the acct, that they would just review that for the card. Well, they lied, because it resulted in another pull. My loan officer did tell me to get a couple of more cards to help with my variety of credit. I just got another alert that NFCU pulled my Transunion on today again. Why are they pulling my credit when they already did that yesterday and I was instantly approved. I'm on the phone with them now, and they will have to fix this or they can surely keep their card, because I can't live in a credit card, but I can live in a house. So, with all that being said, we will get this resolved tonight!

Message 8 of 47
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yep, they pull TU for membership and like other posters have said, EQ for everything else. HP happy!
Message 9 of 47
nubian7723
Established Member

By the way, they too told me on sign up that it would have been a soft pull, but again, that was a LIE! They need to train their reps about their policies before disclosing these lies to the consumers. I am so unhappy right now! Thanks everyone for reading!

Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.