Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU :-)

tag
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU :-)

So should I call back and just app for a card since they pulled a hard pull?
It looks like if I do that, they might pull again though.
If they can use the existing pull it makes sense to me to call right now and submit an app.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 11 of 47
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

They will pull from EQ for any credit products. Your TU was pulled for membership only.
Message 12 of 47
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:
So should I call back and just app for a card since they pulled a hard pull?
It looks like if I do that, they might pull again though.
If they can use the existing pull it makes sense to me to call right now and submit an app.

Basically anytime you talk to them they will HP you!!

Whether you do it now or do it later, when you put in an app it will more than likely be an HP.  It is the rule that you will have to live with if you want to be in a relationship with NFCU.  I mean there is a chance that they will use your last pull but always be prepared for a new one.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 13 of 47
starry1
Valued Contributor

They're going to hp you again for starting a thread about them.Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 14 of 47
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ nubian7723

Sorry that you were misled- I'm sure that feels awful. NFCU is a great CU and I hope this doesn't turn you off from using them - just know that nearly all of your inq's will be HPs
Message 15 of 47
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Make no mistake guys and gals, I am not all that upset that they did a HP for membership.  I don't know much about NFCU yet, BUT I do know I am HAPPY to be a member and its worth it to take HP as far as I am concerned.

I was merely trying to minimize the damage of the pull.

EQ is my highest bureau atm so I am okay with them peeking in there for a card. 

My TU just went up to 725 just now as one of the last two cards I was waiting on hit them. Smiley Happy

I am 720's across the board with one last card still to hit TU and EQ which is a payoff from 70% util to 0. 

Do they typically give instant approvals or do you have to call in and recon often?  I sure don't want ANOTHER hp on EQ for a recon. oyy!

Thanks

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 16 of 47
nubian7723
Established Member

That is not true, I just got off of the phone with the rep and she stated to me that because I am a new member they pulled my transunion again today to see if i have any identity theft reported on their, but they did not have my permission to pull my report. I have to wait til tomorrow to call back and talk to a supervisor in that department before this can be resolved. I'm so ticked off right now. How can you pull someones report without informing them, or evening getting consent to do so? This has to be against the law!

Message 17 of 47
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

Make no mistake guys and gals, I am not all that upset that they did a HP for membership.  I don't know much about NFCU yet, BUT I do know I am HAPPY to be a member and its worth it to take HP as far as I am concerned.

I was merely trying to minimize the damage of the pull.

EQ is my highest bureau atm so I am okay with them peeking in there for a card. 

My TU just went up to 725 just now as one of the last two cards I was waiting on hit them. Smiley Happy

I am 720's across the board with one last card still to hit TU and EQ which is a payoff from 70% util to 0. 

Do they typically give instant approvals or do you have to call in and recon often?  I sure don't want ANOTHER hp on EQ for a recon. oyy!

Thanks

Well I think instant approvals are YMMV.  There are people with lower scores than mine and have gotten instantly approved.  But I have always gotten the 3 - 5 day message and it has always resulted in approved.  And I did recon one time but there was no additional pull for that.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 18 of 47
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If you were approved for a card, then they pulled your EQ. Did you give them the ok to run your credit for a cc? If you are talking about a pre approval based on your memberships TU pull- they will still pull your EQ for the final approval.

HP happy= NFCU
Message 19 of 47
nubian7723
Established Member

@ 09Lexie

Thank you so much! I've always been informed of how great a credit union they were, but all these inquiries while I'm going through underwriting is not good. Again, I never gave them permission to do this and they're doing it anyway. I will make sure that this card is canceled before it even leaves the warehouse! This is just ridiculous what they are doing. Thanks for the support though!

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.