Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYMCU True Rewards Visa CLI - $8,000 to $11,000

tag
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

NYMCU True Rewards Visa CLI - $8,000 to $11,000

Hello everyone,

Last year about this time, I joined New York's Metropolitan Credit Union (commonly known as MCU) and got a True Rewards Visa with a $8,000 SL. It's your basic 1.5% back card, but it's one I use regularly.

MCU requires you have the card for a year before requesting a CLI. I put in the request and had to wait a few days, but I was given a CLI to $11,000. Even though I PIF this card, it's still nice to have the extra room, especially since I'm going to be eliminating some store cards in favor of bank cards in the next few weeks.

MCU requires you to have some connection to either NYC government or schools located within the city, either public or private (in my case, it's my wife's being an adjunct at Fordham University on Saturday mornings that makes me eligible), however, they've been nice to me since I've joined.

Data points: TU - 749 (they only pull TU), Enough hard pulls to turn my credit report into salt water taffy (they're not inquiry sensitive, but it is a hard pull for a CLI).

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NYMCU True Rewards Visa CLI - $8,000 to $11,000

Congrats on very nice CLI !!!!

Message 2 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

That’s a big CLI! Enjoy!!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 8
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the Very Nice CLI and Thanks for the DPs!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Bizzy. 🥓🍾🎉🎊🎈

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job BizarroSmiley Happy TRUELYSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 8
Neutron
New Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.