Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Amex Rewards APPROVED + CLI!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Amex Rewards APPROVED

Congratssss! Navy give away awesome SL for 2nd card lately like candies!!!!  Dont you love NAVY now? Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sure do😆
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yeah Cloc is a different beast. I never went for one , but I do know it's a different departmentSmiley Happy

Maybe you'll get your cli too, nothing written in stone lol
Well, CLOC increased was denied. Would six months be better on this one??
Message 13 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, cli too congratsSmiley Happy. Yeah give it 6 months on the Cloc, remember they just gave you 21k in new credit sp what's a couple of months? Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it was a HP on TU for the Amex Rewards but still understandable. I'd just like to get that to max because I used 45% of the original limit to pay off a bad high interest loan. I can wait though.
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Amex Rewards APPROVED + CLI!!

Congrats on Approval and nice CLI

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on Approval and nice CLI

Thanks! Funny thing though--CLI Showed up right after approval--New card 2nd day/a no show.
Message 17 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

When I got approved for my Amex last week I had a 5k balance on my CR, about 45% utilSmiley Wink
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@I applied for this earlier today and got the dreaded 24hr Review message. I am 93/3 statements I think. I've had my Go Rewards since 02/2018 @$3300. I went for a CLI on it as well since I got the TU HP notification right away. A few hours later I got a status update email.......Fico 9 is 707 TU 668

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a Navy Federal More Rewards American Express Card credit card. Your new credit line will be $15,000.00. Your APR will be 16.49%. Expect your credit card within 5-7 business days for regular mail delivery; expedited shipping times vary based on location. Very Happy!

Update: GoRewards increased to $10K + $6,700!!!! Looks like they HP my EQ twice as well 😐

Awesome and congrats!!   This post is seriously encouraging - it sounds like you and I have a very similar situations.  I was just approved for my first card (AMEX More Rewards) with NFCU on Feb 14th, 2018, so my 91st day is May 16th, which is 2 days from now.  But my 3rd statement doesn't cut until May 20th.  I have a starting limit of $3,900.  My FICO 9 EQ is 684. Also, I recently made a big payment on a card that will bring my total utilization down to about maybe 20%.  That card reports on the 22nd, so I am waiting until the 23rd or 24th to apply for the CLI and new card (Visa Signature).

A couple quick questions, if you don't mind...  

1.  What kind of usage did you put in the first 3 months on your original card with them?  I've been running about $2,500/mo or a bit more.  I don't know if that has any effect or not, but I'm just curious.  If anyone has any input on how card usage might affect the CLI with them, let me know...

2.  What kind of income did you state on your application?  

I appreciate any feedback...  

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@I applied for this earlier today and got the dreaded 24hr Review message. I am 93/3 statements I think. I've had my Go Rewards since 02/2018 @$3300. I went for a CLI on it as well since I got the TU HP notification right away. A few hours later I got a status update email.......Fico 9 is 707 TU 668

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a Navy Federal More Rewards American Express Card credit card. Your new credit line will be $15,000.00. Your APR will be 16.49%. Expect your credit card within 5-7 business days for regular mail delivery; expedited shipping times vary based on location. Very Happy!

Update: GoRewards increased to $10K + $6,700!!!! Looks like they HP my EQ twice as well 😐

Awesome and congrats!!   This post is seriously encouraging - it sounds like you and I have a very similar situations.  I was just approved for my first card (AMEX More Rewards) with NFCU on Feb 14th, 2018, so my 91st day is May 16th, which is 2 days from now.  But my 3rd statement doesn't cut until May 20th.  I have a starting limit of $3,900.  My FICO 9 EQ is 684. Also, I recently made a big payment on a card that will bring my total utilization down to about maybe 20%.  That card reports on the 22nd, so I am waiting until the 23rd or 24th to apply for the CLI and new card (Visa Signature).

A couple quick questions, if you don't mind...  

1.  What kind of usage did you put in the first 3 months on your original card with them?  I've been running about $2,500/mo or a bit more.  I don't know if that has any effect or not, but I'm just curious.  If anyone has any input on how card usage might affect the CLI with them, let me know...

2.  What kind of income did you state on your application?  

I appreciate any feedback...  

On my GoRewards I put between 300-500 on it each month and PIF. I would put more spend on it but I was trying to meet bonus spend on another card at the time. I don't think it has any effect that much just as long as you do use it. Some may say otherwise. As far as income I put my gross as 87K. My UTI was at 17% before the recent approvals from them so it will be lower next month for sure. Your plan seems right on.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.