cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy CLI to $17.5k on 2nd CC, plus data points!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Navy CLI to $17.5k on 2nd CC, plus data points!

Hey everyone!! Just wanted to mention my data points with Navy since there's been some discussion on cli and new accts vs 6 mo cli.  Here's my story....,Been with Navy for 3 1/2 yrs.... got in the right way Thru my dad (retired military). 

Have the Cash Rewards Visa at $25k, and the Plat Visa at $1.5k (got on recon 10/31/16).  Normally, I would have been eligible for a cli on the Plat card after Jan 31 (90 days plus 3 statements), BUT.... I threw a monkey wrench into the equation by getting a CLI on my Rewards Visa on 11/20/16! So, that started the clock over again for a cli on any of my cards, at least in my case it did. I've been trying for a cli on my Plat card for the last 3 months and declined, (no letters or phone calls asking me to unfreeze, and no denial letters either), so I started to question that my Plat acct might have some sort of a cli block on it when requesting one. 

So today, (officially 6 mo since last cli on ANY of my navy cards), requested max and came back counter offer so fast! So, at least in my situation, the "6mo in between cli " holds true for me. I had even requested one a few days ago and denied.  So.... Plat card went from $1.5k to $17.5k, SP (I'm on ice x3). 😉

I have the following with Navy-

Cash Rewards Visa - $25k

Plat Visa- $17.5k

CLOC-$15k

Car loan (3yrs...due to pay off in 11months)

checking/savings

IMG_7230.JPG

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Navy CLI to $17.5k on 2nd CC, plus data points!

Congrats Pizza!

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I was told after the initial 3 month wait for a CLI that the increments for CLI's are 6months. They may have been why you were getting denied previously.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Ms. Pizza 🍾🎊🎉🎈🐬 I have nothing but positive things to say about Navfed. Now buy me stuff🤑

Message 4 of 16
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats OP!

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!....very nice increase!!

Message 6 of 16
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats that is an awesome CLI Pizza
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice Pizza!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Very nice CLI from Navy
Message 9 of 16
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Congrats Pizza (where have you been hiding?) Glad to see you are still getting CLI's and all that. I just got my first NFCU card (GoRewards) and I won't see my first statement another week or so - they started me at $23500 so I'm not sure where they'll go in July when I go for my first CLI - not that I need a CLI, but why not? Thanks for the datapoints...everything helps when playing the game Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.