Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Cash Rewards 12.5K Approval

tag
NightTrader
Valued Member

Navy Cash Rewards 12.5K Approval

I tried the prequalify Navy Federal link tonight and for the first time, all their cards appeared showing me as prequalified.

I rolled the dice and applied for the Cash Rewards card.  I was shocked that I got approved for $12,500.00 with a 9.65% APR, which will be nice to use for emergencies for my home. 

I have the Secured NRewards with Navy with $681 used out of $1000.00 (which will be paid next month), a pledge loan of $3.8K remaining of 5K, and an authorized user on another card.  I have some allocations from my check to my savings and checking accounts. I have been working to build my relationship with Navy Federal and it appears to have paid off.

Datapoints

Bankruptcy filed 07/2020

A bankruptcy discharged 10/2020

Experian 685 Equafax 700 Transunion 690

Other credit cards:  Pay Pal Credit, Capital One QuickSilver, Discover IT, and Two Navy Federal Cards

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Cash Rewards 12.5K Approval

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 2 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@NightTrader wrote:

I tried the prequalify Navy Federal link tonight and for the first time, all their cards appeared showing me as prequalified.

I rolled the dice and applied for the Cash Rewards card.  I was shocked that I got approved for $12,500.00 with a 9.65% APR, which will be nice to use for emergencies for my home. 

I have the Secured NRewards with Navy with $681 used out of $1000.00 (which will be paid next month), a pledge loan of $3.8K remaining of 5K, and an authorized user on another card.  I have some allocations from my check to my savings and checking accounts. I have been working to build my relationship with Navy Federal and it appears to have paid off.

Datapoints

Bankruptcy filed 07/2020

A bankruptcy discharged 10/2020

Experian 685 Equafax 700 Transunion 690

Other credit cards:  Pay Pal Credit, Capital One QuickSilver, Discover IT, and Two Navy Federal Cards

Thats fantastic. The apr is amazing for a rewards card and even in emergencies.  Im helping Dad with his debt and im using my CR  with that apr and though we are paying interest, every month paid, the minimum payment keep going down so that can be huge for people with needsSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
Reviewers
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Navy Cash Rewards approval! Nice $12.5k CL approval! First the CAP1 CLI now this, nice!

Message 4 of 13
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 5 of 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your NFCU Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 6 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 13
Ziti
Established Member

Congrats on the approval! That is a hefty SL! I am hoping to increase the limit on my Cash Rewards gradually so I can use it as a travel card due to the lack of a FTF.

Credit Cards:

Banking:
Message 8 of 13
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Cash Rewards approval 👍🏼

Message 9 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your Cash Rewards Card NFCU approval!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.