Did you mean: 

Navy FCU Platinum $500 CL???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy FCU Platinum $500 CL???

wrote:

wrote:

I haven't clicked the Navy FCU cli yet, because I had a couple of transactions on the card and waiting for the payment to post (not sure if that matters).  I HIGHLY suggest using them for your "banking"!  Checking, savings, etc. It's easy to pay card right on the site as a transfer from Checking to the card. 

I opened a checking & set up direct deposit.  A couple months later, I apped for the Plat Visa.  I got a $25k SL Heart  I think a key factor to that limit may have been the fact they can see what my deposits are every other week.

Since then, I've opened another checking acct, just for mortgage payments, a savings acct, I've had many car loans, opened an IRA & just apped for the GO card last fall.  They are my go-to for much of my purchases & certainly loans!

BTW...both cards have a 9% int rate.

Congrats again on the sweet deals & your nice scores too!  Great job!!  Now go get yourself a nice meal this weekend...you've earned it!

Let us know what happens with the Navy Fed LUV button!!

Thanks!  Yeah I do bank with them, have a joint checking with my wife and 2 savings accounts.  I find it still takes a day or 2 for the transfer to fully post to the credit card account.  But anyway, the balance was showing 0 this morning so I went ahead and requested the CLI.  I noticed the max button was gone, so I put in 25k.  Got the 24 hour message.  Does this mean hard pull?

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you all ready for this?  I think Navy Fed specifically hates me .  As mentioned, I opened the card 4-5 months ago and was given a $500 SL.  My credit score was around 620 at the time and 180k income.  Today my credit score is 710 and income 240k.  I have PIF every billing cycle, and requested CLI to 25k and received the 24 hour message.  Seems silly...

Now get this.  My wife who has never had her own credit card, and only just generated a score this month (558 might I add), received a mailer to apply for the Navy Fed cash rewards card.  We filled it out together and decided not to include my income.  She's a part-time nurse, and we put her income in at 30k...

She was approved for 15k SL with 16.24% apr.  WAIT WHAT?  In her very first credit card with a 558 score and 30k income, she has a higher limit and lower apr than I have on ANY of my cards.  In what world is this possible????? Of course we will take it and I am VERY happy for her...but I can't even. Smiley LOL Smiley LOLSmiley LOL we are both dying from laughter.  

Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 710 score is that from NFCU? I am little puzzled to hear about your negative experience with NFCU

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

The 710 score is that from NFCU? I am little puzzled to hear about your negative experience with NFCU

You and me both!  That's my FICO 8 average accross all 3 bureaus.  Not sure which specific FICO model they use, but regardless every one of my scores has 100+ points on my wife's.  Not to mention having 8x the income she does...I cannot even imagine what kind of algorithms go into their approvals.  I guess we will find out, when I hear back on that 24 hour message.

Message 24 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

THAT is Navy Fed for ya Smiley Wink There are certain profiles that no matter what, the vault opens like sesame while a couple that are nobrainers end up taking the yellow brick road to get there.
Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked my account today and it is showing $1500 limit (as a counter to my 25k).  Looks like HP from EQ.  Should I recon, and\or apply for other cards since they did the HP?

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@virtuoso 

But nothing lose by reconning. You already have the card Smiley Wink 

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will probably recon.  What do you think about applying for 2nd card?

Message 28 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Recon but remember Navy isnt Penfed where you can get multiple things out of 1 hp. Congrat on getting a little more. I would probably give a few months before going for anorher card. Looks like they dont want to offer up too much at this time as evidenced by the 1k increase. Youll get it in due time i have no doubtSmiley Happy
Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Recon but remember Navy isnt Penfed where you can get multiple things out of 1 hp. Congrat on getting a little more. I would probably give a few months before going for anorher card. Looks like they dont want to offer up too much at this time as evidenced by the 1k increase. Youll get it in due time i have no doubtSmiley Happy

Good call.  I think I'll hold off on anymore applications as I was approved for the CSP with 9k SL over the weekend as well!

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.