Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU Platinum Visa Approval $10K @ 7.74 APR

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Navy FCU Platinum Visa Approval $10K @ 7.74 APR

I opened checking and savings accounts with Navy FCU six weeks ago but they had been idle.  I just thought having membership established might improve my approval odds with cards.  I had even considered moving some money and short-term investments through them like opening CDs but decided it probably wasn’t necessary.

I called to use the “new” prequalification tool where you can have CSRs check for you over the phone.  Apparently they were having some “problems” with it and the first rep couldn’t even access it.  She passed me to another one who took my info but then showed I was *NOT* prequalified for any cards.  That kinda spooked me but she said it was probably because my membership was so new.  I decided to take a chance and apply through my Navy FCU login for “New Accounts”. 

I already have Cash Back cards that pay as well as Navy’s.  But one thing I was missing was a super-low APR card to keep in my wallet for big purchases and if I were to ever need to roll a large balance.  The APR on their Platinum card is hard to beat almost anywhere.  I have the USAA “Rate Advantage Card” but I’m not at their lowest APR and Navy beats them anyway.  I decided I would go for the Platinum even though it doesn’t offer a big SUB or rewards.  (I’ll get those on a second card later.) 

It went pending for almost two hours before I was notified by text message and email that it was approved! 

Single Pull on TU, which brings my TU count up to 2 HPs counting my Apple card in August.

Credit limit $10K, which I suppose is not bad for a first Navy FCU card. 

And they gave me their lowest APR at 7.74%.  Sweet deal!   Smiley Happy 

Glad to be in the Navy FCU Family finally!  

And this completed my military double-dip today as I also got a PenFed Power Cash card!

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy FCU Platinum Visa Approval $10K @ 7.74 APR

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 28
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your approvals today

Message 3 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Woo hoo, you DISCOVERED a double dipSmiley Happy

Great card and aprSmiley Happy. Dont worry, it will grow . They just want to get to know you. 2nd card should be a Monster👹
Message 4 of 28
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

On a roll, congrats! 
screamer.gif

Message 6 of 28
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Congratulations. That rate is darn good.
Message 7 of 28
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

That is a sweet APR! Congratulations!

Message 8 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

delete...I sneezed
My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 9 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

7.74%.

Are ya sure?Smiley Indifferent  Do you wear glasses?Smiley Indifferent  Did you have on your glasses?  Smiley IndifferentSmiley EmbarassedSmiley Very Happy  Just kidding; congratulations....probably more for that killer apr than the sl that's awesome

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.