Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fcu cash rewards card

tag
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

Navy Fcu cash rewards card

Hello everybody,

My membership got approved on Monday and I wasted no time applying for the cash rewards visa. The application was in a pending status until yesterday I was approved for 22k. My Transunion score is 700. While my application was pending I got greedy and applied for their platinum card and it was declined this morning do you guys think I should recon or just be happy with my cash rewards card. Please let me know. Thank you.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Fcu cash rewards card

First of all, Congrats on you approval and welcome to Navy.

As far as second cards, that may not come until you hit your 6 month mark with the one you have. I would wait and try again then

Message 2 of 11
iowe
Regular Contributor

My opinion is be happy with what you have, garden that card for 6 months, and then apply for another line if you want. If you treat them well they will treat you likewise. They are a top tier credit union.

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval. NFCU is an awesome credit union. 

I'd probably wait 6 months but you can always do an emessage to recon. You've already taken the additional HP so it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice approval! Congratulations!! Maybe go for the CLOC as well!

Message 5 of 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the awesome approval and could you perhaps share some other data points plz ? Number of inquiries and new accounts Uti?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I really want to get in with NFCU but without any physical branches around here that's not possible for the way I bank!
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations princeromeo on your approval, that's one sweet starting limit NFCU gave you!!
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations op on your approval, great sl!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would they do an additional Credit pull for the CLOC If you already applied for one of their Credit Cards?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.