cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed $25,000 SL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Navy Fed $25,000 SL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        I can't even express, in words, how happy I am. I just recently cancelled another card, because I knew there was no reason for me to get such a low SL. A few people said, "Be content, be grateful, take what you get and smile, there must be a reason your SL was so low, your 800 fico score doesn't mean anything, it's based on each companies own internal algorithm... Keep it, and in no time it'll grow, blah blah blah".

       However, None of that resonated with me. I know my credit. I know what I'm worth. I cancelled that card. So after lurking the Credit Card Approval thread, I thought "why not me"? It seems like the Navy Fed high SL bus is moving along quite swiftly, So I decided to jump on board.      WELL, HERE I AM!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     Thanks to all of you who keep posting your approvals. The world is full of great possibilities. We are proof of that.


P.S. Also, even though I never carry a balance, I still want a low-interest rate that reflects my credit, and I got it! 12.99%

 

UPDATE (2/1/19): I logged in this morning... And Boom! Its already showing up. Smiley Happy

18 REPLIES 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Fed 25,000 SL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent SL, congrats to you!! Some great approvals lately from Navy!



Message 2 of 19
Established Member

Re: Navy Fed 25,000 SL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!! I wanna be like you when I grow up Smiley Tongue


Message 3 of 19
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Fed $25,000 SL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A huge congrats to you! I would also love to close some useless cards but I have to wait as it would further kill my overall UTL.

What are you data points? My TU is mid 600s and I am really contemplating on pulling the trigger. Patience is not my friend but I am trying lol
Sept 18: EQ: 578 TU: 583 EX: 576
Sept 19: EQ8: 620 TU8: 645 EX8:640
Goal by Sept 20’ EQ: 700 TU: 700 EX:700

AA: 7YRS 6MONTHS AAOA: 2YR 6MONTHS
Inquiries in 12 months: EQ: 1 TU: 1 EX: 1
CLOSED: Self Lender 12Month CD: June 20th 19’


Goal: Auto Lease 2020 Jeep MOAB
Goal: Chase Sapphire Preferred
Goals Achieved Nov 19’: First Chase CC, Marriott Bonvoy w/ lowest APR rate of 17%
Message 4 of 19
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Fed $25,000 SL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


@Flex1 wrote:

 

 

   I can't even express in words how happy I am. I just recently cancelled another card, because I knew there was no reason for me to get such a low SL. A few people said, "Be content, be grateful, take what you get and smile, there must be a reason your SL was so low, your 800 fico score doesn't mean anything, it's based on each companies own algorithm,  blah blah blah". 

   However, None of that resonated with me. I know my credit and what I'm worth and cancelled that card. So after lurking the Credit Card Approval thread, I thought "why not me"? It seems like the Navy Fed high SL bus is moving along quite swiftly, So I decided to jump on board. WELL, HERE I AM!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     Thanks to all of you who post kept posting your approvals. The world is full of great possibilities. We are proof of that.

 

P.S. Also, even though I never carry a balance, I still want a low-interest rate that reflects my credit, and I got it! 12.99%

 

 

 

Congrats on the approval.  I'm curious though, your credit scores that you posted a few weeks ago were almost 800.  How didn't you get the lowest rate?  Your scores would appear to be well into the top tier APR range.

 FICO 8
Message 5 of 19
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy Fed $25,000 SL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats OpSmiley Happy

Navy is one case that it doesnt really matter if one has 800's or 600's , they will give out 25 limits to those who qualify economically meaning usually a high income and low dti. As you can see , you did get an outstanding sl but you didnt get the absolute lowest rate ( that will come in a year when you request a lower apr rate). Sometimes when people offer advice, sometimes they may know a thing or 2 even financial wizards dontSmiley Wink.
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
2022
!
Message 6 of 19
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Fed $25,000 SL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats OpSmiley Happy

Navy is one case that it doesnt really matter if one has 800's or 600's , they will give out 25 limits to those who qualify economically meaning usually a high income and low dti. As you can see , you did get an outstanding sl but you didnt get the absolute lowest rate ( that will come in a year when you request a lower apr rate). Sometimes when people offer advice, sometimes they may know a thing or 2 even financial wizards dontSmiley Wink.

I was asking because of the recent thread "What score is good enough?" where I still believe 760 is good enough to qualify for the lowest APRs.  Since their scores are very high, I'm wondering if closing out the card that the OP was originally approved for somehow affected the internal score with NFCU, therefore not the best APR.

 FICO 8
Message 7 of 19
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Fed $25,000 SL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats OpSmiley Happy

Navy is one case that it doesnt really matter if one has 800's or 600's , they will give out 25 limits to those who qualify economically meaning usually a high income and low dti. As you can see , you did get an outstanding sl but you didnt get the absolute lowest rate ( that will come in a year when you request a lower apr rate). Sometimes when people offer advice, sometimes they may know a thing or 2 even financial wizards dontSmiley Wink.

Got it! Thanks for sharing that information. I appreciate it. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 19
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Fed $25,000 SL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the approval. That's awesome. What a great SL.
Message 9 of 19
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Fed $25,000 SL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


@Overmedicated wrote:

@Flex1 wrote:

 

 

   I can't even express in words how happy I am. I just recently cancelled another card, because I knew there was no reason for me to get such a low SL. A few people said, "Be content, be grateful, take what you get and smile, there must be a reason your SL was so low, your 800 fico score doesn't mean anything, it's based on each companies own algorithm,  blah blah blah". 

   However, None of that resonated with me. I know my credit and what I'm worth and cancelled that card. So after lurking the Credit Card Approval thread, I thought "why not me"? It seems like the Navy Fed high SL bus is moving along quite swiftly, So I decided to jump on board. WELL, HERE I AM!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     Thanks to all of you who post kept posting your approvals. The world is full of great possibilities. We are proof of that.

 

P.S. Also, even though I never carry a balance, I still want a low-interest rate that reflects my credit, and I got it! 12.99%

 

 

 

Congrats on the approval.  I'm curious though, your credit scores that you posted a few weeks ago were almost 800.  How didn't you get the lowest rate?  Your scores would appear to be well into the top tier APR range.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
        You would think navy would give the lowest APR with a 800 score but i have a 808 score and they approved me for 12.9% a couple months ago. I was sooooooooooo MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. I still haven't use the card because of it.
Chase and Citi gave me their lowest APR. I to be honest never have good luck with credit unions with APR LOL
 
 
        CONGRATS OP Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.