Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed Approval

So, I'm about to be in the Regular Army (currently in DEP) and Navy Fed helped me set up membership with them. I already have a USAA account and I was approved a while ago for $500 card when my credit file was less than 3 month.

Well, a few days ago I tried to apply for a navy fed card cashRewards (I wasn't expecting to get it, as I had two recent inquires for other cards that I was approved on.) To my surpise, they approved me for $1.2k, 2x my current overall credit line! I'm extremely happy, and so far my experience with Navy Fed has been amazing, I even sponsered my parents and grandparents to set up their Navy Fed Checking accounts. My FICO score on Experian is 631 (I have 50% utilization due to losing my job and not being able to find another considering I leave in a week now.)

More details:
FICO: 631 from Experian, TU and EQ say I don't have enough history for a FICO.
CB they pulled: TransUnion
No negative history, all positive from my other cards

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Fed Approval

I've heard so many good things about them that I'm thinking when I retire I'll definitely have to consider them for checking/savings at a minimum.  Congrats on the great SL and approval.  

Stripes UR Awesome.gif

Message 2 of 8
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats. I wish you the best and thanks for your upcoming Service. Tske care of these accounts. Also take advantage while you are active duty and join USAA. My Dad served 30 years and regrets not having them in your back pocketSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!
Message 6 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats. I wish you the best and thanks for your upcoming Service. Tske care of these accounts. Also take advantage while you are active duty and join USAA. My Dad served 30 years and regrets not having  "them"  in your back pocketSmiley Happy

I just don't see how they would fit?

Message 7 of 8
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

Congratulation on joining the service. Great choice with NFCU and USAA. They both have great auto rates, while USAA has some of the best insurance and some good investment rates. Never burn them and they will always take good care of you.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.