Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed CC Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed CC Approval!

I've been working really hard on my credit recently, and I still have a long way to go. My husband kept trying to convince me to open something with Navy Fed, but the banker had told me when we opened my checking account that it was realy hard to get approved with them, so I didn't think I'd be approved. I was concerned about applying and hurting myself with an inquiry that I was sure would lead to being declined. My husband convinced me that one inquiry wouldn't hurt that much, so I gave it a shot.

They approved me! With a $20,000 credit limt. Now I'm terrified because the highest limt I've ever had is $2,000. I plan to only use the card for paying regular bills that would come out of checking and then paying it off each month. I am sort of excited about how this will impact my utilization! Hooray! 

(My credits scores are in the low 600s, for anyone that's wondering.)

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Bcunniff9
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Fed CC Approval!

Which card did you get approved for?
BK7 Filed | 3/25/2016 | EQ: 530 | EX: 526 | TU: 505
BK7 Discharged | 7/11/2016 | EQ: 535 | EX: 574 | TU: 506
Current FICO 8’s 10/28/2017 | EQ: 680 | EX: 680 | TU: 665
Message 2 of 20
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been working really hard on my credit recently, and I still have a long way to go. My husband kept trying to convince me to open something with Navy Fed, but the banker had told me when we opened my checking account that it was realy hard to get approved with them, so I didn't think I'd be approved. I was concerned about applying and hurting myself with an inquiry that I was sure would lead to being declined. My husband convinced me that one inquiry wouldn't hurt that much, so I gave it a shot.

They approved me! With a $20,000 credit limt. Now I'm terrified because the highest limt I've ever had is $2,000. I plan to only use the card for paying regular bills that would come out of checking and then paying it off each month. I am sort of excited about how this will impact my utilization! Hooray! 

Wow! Congrats!  Good for you! I can only dream of seeing that kind of SL.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bcunniff9 wrote:
Which card did you get approved for?

The regular platinum. I figured I had less of chance of getting approved for the rewards and cash back cards. So I applied for the only non rewards card. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 20
Bcunniff9
Regular Contributor

I thought that and the AMEX was the hardest to get approved for because of the low APR. well, congrats anyways !!!
BK7 Filed | 3/25/2016 | EQ: 530 | EX: 526 | TU: 505
BK7 Discharged | 7/11/2016 | EQ: 535 | EX: 574 | TU: 506
Current FICO 8’s 10/28/2017 | EQ: 680 | EX: 680 | TU: 665
Message 5 of 20
A1Credit
Established Contributor

What is your APR, if you don't mind sharing?

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow congratulations. Dv
Message 7 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to goSmiley Happy Plat is a great card and that 20k means they like what your profile represents to themSmiley Happy

Who says Bankers know everything lolSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

mbspeece that new NFCU card will LAUNCH your credit score. Congratulations!

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome. Way to go.. Big Congrats to you

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.