Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed CC Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Fed CC Approval!

WOW CONGRATS!!

I'm a recent rebuilder and tried joining NFCU recently, got in, app'ed for the Platinum, got approved for $1500. Happy to get in with them, reading these forums it sounds like a good place to be!Cat Happy

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bcunniff9 wrote:
I thought that and the AMEX was the hardest to get approved for because of the low APR. well, congrats anyways !!!

Oh! Haha. Shows what I know. Maybe I should have gone for one of the rewards card. Oh well! I am just so overjoyed that they approved me at all. I really didn't think they would because I've had such a hard time. (I think maybe my husband's score got factored in somehow, even though I only applied as myself and didn't put him down as an authorized user.)

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@A1Credit wrote:

What is your APR, if you don't mind sharing?

11.99%. Which is the lowest APR I've ever had, by a lot. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 20
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

What is your APR, if you don't mind sharing?

11.99%. Which is the lowest APR I've ever had, by a lot. Smiley Happy

Very good!  

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Why are you "terrified"?
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations!

Why are you "terrified"?

Since this beats the highest limit I've ever had by $18000, it's kind of like that sudden realization that an institution looks at me as an adult responsible enough to handle that credit limit. It's very exciting, and it feels really good because I've worked really hard, but it's also a little scary.

Message 16 of 20
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bcunniff9 wrote:
I thought that and the AMEX was the hardest to get approved for because of the low APR. well, congrats anyways !!!

Oh! Haha. Shows what I know. Maybe I should have gone for one of the rewards card. Oh well! I am just so overjoyed that they approved me at all. I really didn't think they would because I've had such a hard time. (I think maybe my husband's score got factored in somehow, even though I only applied as myself and didn't put him down as an authorized user.)

You can call back in and ask them to PC that card to a different one with rewards if the APR doesn't matter. You just can't PC a card to the new Amex, but the cash rewards or go rewards are decent reward cards. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations!

Why are you "terrified"?

Since this beats the highest limit I've ever had by $18000, it's kind of like that sudden realization that an institution looks at me as an adult responsible enough to handle that credit limit. It's very exciting, and it feels really good because I've worked really hard, but it's also a little scary.

Well, you should be very proud of yourself.

Keep being responsible and you could have several with that kind of limit.

Message 18 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Have to agree. Be relieved after you get over the shock of it

That limit fresh out of the gate can go a long way for you when you approach new prime bank lenders and they see that looking pretty. Smiley Wink

Congratulations on the nice NFCU approval!

Message 19 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Sandman771 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bcunniff9 wrote:

You can call back in and ask them to PC that card to a different one with rewards if the APR doesn't matter. You just can't PC a card to the new Amex, but the cash rewards or go rewards are decent reward cards. 

This exactly. ^^^

@Anonymous, you can call them right now for a PC to one of the rewards cards (just not the Amex) since the underwriting is the same. 

They might (or might not) adjust your interest rate upward to reflect the terms of the new account type, but there's no reason for you to not be getting rewards if you want them.

Congrats on the approval!  screamer.gif

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.