Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed Interest Rate reduction!

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Navy Fed Interest Rate reduction!

It’s after the 28 so I started my spit and polish of the Family Navy Fed portfolios.

DW

Went via SP, from 22k to 25k on her Platinum.

Requested an APR reduction from 17.99 to 9.99. (No response yet)

Apped for Amex and declined

Me

Asked for CLI on rewards from 25k to 33k. (No response. Anticipate decline)

Asked for APR reduction on my 33k Platinum from 9.99. ¡APPROVED for 6.99 porcentavos!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy Fed Interest Rate reduction!

Bravo Bravo woodyman100.

6.99 is a stupendous rate any way you look at it.

Best of luck to the DW on the APR reduction and congrats to the SP CLI.

Which reminds me its time to give them a jingle and see if they might trim the APR on one of my own pair with them.

Message 2 of 6
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

No go on the APR decrease for DW.
Account was 2 weeks shy of being open 12 Months. DOH! I had it wrong on the spreadsheet.

Denied on the Rewards CLI.
Will wait until the March AR for DW APR and my Rewards CLI again.

I’m swearing off silly apps this year.
I wouldn’t bet on me though
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

BRAVO WOODYSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
iowe
Regular Contributor

Good deal. I have a 22k limit Cash Rewards at 10.99%. In a couple more months when I reach my one year anniversary with Navy I plan on asking the NFCU gods for a reduction on that apr. I’ve been running pretty much all of my monthly spend through that card and then pif. I love NFCU.

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 5 of 6
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Are you asking for the APR reduction via phone or a PM through the account and same question for CLI.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.