cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed More Rewards AmEx Approval.

tag
Irv02
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Fed More Rewards AmEx Approval.

Congratulations on your approval!!!

Message 11 of 17
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Good luck on your CLI request!  As far as your decrease in starting limit compared to your Cash Rewards limit I just think it is because of the current state of the world/ economy.  My 1st card, the More Rewards, had a starting limit of $9300 and I got a CLI in May to $17,300.  In August I got the Flagship and got a starting limit of $5200.  Honestly though I was really expecting $20,000 to $25,000. Hopefully you can find some success with CLI requests going forward to help it get more to your liking! 

Message 12 of 17
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time posting on the board.

I just hit my 91/3 so I applied for Navy Federal More Rewards AmEx card and was approved for $1k Starting Limit. Honestly, I thought it was gonna be more due to the fact that my CashRewards with them is at 7.4k and I have been very good with paying the card and not really keeping a balance on it. I was wondering why I didn't get a bigger SL. I am grateful that it wasn't a denial though! I asked for a CLI on my CashRewards to 20k, so we'll see.

I also have a NRewards card with them that has not graduated as of yet, the account just turned 6 months as of this month.

Data points:

660 TransUnion according to Credit Karma. No baddies are reporting to my knowledge.

3 NFCU Cards

-More Rewards AmEx-1k

-CashRewards-7.4k(Asking for CLI to 20k)

-NRewards-300(Not yet graduated.)

Congratulations on your approval!

I've noticed over the past 6 months some members receiving a higher SL when they waited longer than 91/3 to app for another card.

It seems they're operating a little differently since Covid. Its possible you hit their max for unsecured credit. 

A lot of members here know a lot more than I do, I'm sure they'll stop by to give better guidance on this.

Good luck with your CLI!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 13 of 17
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Hope I get that CLI! I will continue to work with Navy Fed to grow.

@Mr_Mojo_RisinI technically waited 98/4 to apply for this card. I don't know if that made a difference.

Message 15 of 17
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

|  
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats @Anonymous and welcome to the community! Glad you joined us!

Any update on the CLI request?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.