Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed (NFCU) Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed (NFCU) Success

After about 6 years with USAA, I've decided to leave them. Mostly because I feelthat they dont do much of anything for me. And after some research and looking around these forums, I saw that NFCU was pretty great, even called the Mt. Olympus of CU's at times. So, I walk into the nearest branch, open a checking & savings get my new debit card and head home. Upon completion of their online banking setup I come back to the forums to check out their CC's. Was interested in the CashRewards card & the CLOC, so I apply, for both, at the same time.. To my suprise, I recieve approvals on both at $5K each, which is insane for me since I'm currently rebuilding with scores ranging from 622-642 fico, and an A$$LOAD of inquiries from car shopping. Not to mention the baddies I paid off earlier this year that just wont dissapear.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Fed (NFCU) Success

Great choice! Welcome to the forum and the greatest CU on the planet! 😆
Message 2 of 10
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After about 6 years with USAA, I've decided to leave them. Mostly because I feelthat they dont do much of anything for me. And after some research and looking around these forums, I saw that NFCU was pretty great, even called the Mt. Olympus of CU's at times. So, I walk into the nearest branch, open a checking & savings get my new debit card and head home. Upon completion of their online banking setup I come back to the forums to check out their CC's. Was interested in the CashRewards card & the CLOC, so I apply, for both, at the same time.. To my suprise, I recieve approvals on both at $5K each, which is insane for me since I'm currently rebuilding with scores ranging from 622-642 fico, and an A$$LOAD of inquiries from car shopping. Not to mention the baddies I paid off earlier this year that just wont dissapear.

Welcome and great job.  You'll find plenty of resources here.  Rather its what to do or not to do.  Read the information here and get out of it what you believe will help your situation.  Good luck on your rebuild.  All things are possible.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done and welcome! Enjoy your new credit lines!

Message 4 of 10
pc01user
Frequent Contributor

Very good you did the research to be a member of the NFCU family. Well done!

Message 5 of 10
wantmoremoney
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!!! Yes welcome to the GREATEST CREDIT UNION on planet earth!!! Your Cash Rewards and Cloc will grow well in time!!!!

Message 6 of 10
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for the encouragement 😁
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU is hands down the best CU, in my opinion.

Message 9 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on the new CU.

NFCU Rocks!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.