Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed Rocks!

tag
kjel
Established Contributor

Navy Fed Rocks!

I finally found a way to join Navy Fed so I set up my accounts yesterday. I knew that I wanted to get one of their credit cards and was planning to hold off a bit, but since they did a HP on TU for the account (and I read here they will use that for a credit card app) I decided to app for the Cash Rewards since that's what I was pre-approved for.

Drumroll please...$14,000 instant approval at prime + 11.4%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Fed Rocks!

Boom!!!! Awesome starting limit!! Congrats!!

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 3 of 25
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 25
kjel
Established Contributor

This Forum Rocks

I just want to say thank you to all of you who contribute to this forum it's been lifechanging for me.

Nearly two years ago I found this forum after making the decision to face my credit situation and work towards resolving and rebuilding my credit. Once my student loans were rehabbed I started tackling every negative item on my reports.

I've learned so much about properly using credit cards to maximize their effects on credit scores, how to deal with collections, late payments, and even a judgment. I busted all the way down to 517 at the lowest point. I became persistent in getting CLIs and more favorable terms on my accounts.

I never heard of Navy Federal Credit Union before coming here. My daughter's boyfriend sponsored me in as a household member yesterday. They did a HP for the checking/savings account and I received a pre-approved offer on their cash rewards credit card. I was going to wait to pull the trigger, but someone had posted on another thread that they will use the same HP if you apply for the card within two weeks.

I hit the apply button, filled out my info, fingers crossed as the website was thinking, and boom....$14K approval for a Cash Rewards Visa. I nearly fell off the chair. So thank you friends for all your advice and contributions to this forum!
Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 5 of 25
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: This Forum Rocks

@kjel wrote:
I just want to say thank you to all of you who contribute to this forum it's been lifechanging for me.

Nearly two years ago I found this forum after making the decision to face my credit situation and work towards resolving and rebuilding my credit. Once my student loans were rehabbed I started tackling every negative item on my reports.

I've learned so much about properly using credit cards to maximize their effects on credit scores, how to deal with collections, late payments, and even a judgment. I busted all the way down to 517 at the lowest point. I became persistent in getting CLIs and more favorable terms on my accounts.

I never heard of Navy Federal Credit Union before coming here. My daughter's boyfriend sponsored me in as a household member yesterday. They did a HP for the checking/savings account and I received a pre-approved offer on their cash rewards credit card. I was going to wait to pull the trigger, but someone had posted on another thread that they will use the same HP if you apply for the card within two weeks.

I hit the apply button, filled out my info, fingers crossed as the website was thinking, and boom....$14K approval for a Cash Rewards Visa. I nearly fell off the chair. So thank you friends for all your advice and contributions to this forum!

Congrats on the approval !!

I've never heard of NFCU using the same credit pull for anything, it's always a HP for any new credit product regardless of when you joined or previously applied.  But it's certainly worth it, they're great !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 25
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: This Forum Rocks

Moving to Approvals

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1 Congrats.

2. Navy doesn't use same HP for apps

3. you should apply for a checking line of credit for $15k now too (they will counter if not the full approval but I'm betting it would be full approval)

Message 8 of 25
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Now that's how you get a credit card, CONGRATS!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 9 of 25
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.