Ended the year on a good note:

Approvals:

Navy Fed More Rewards AMEX 20k

Navy Fed Personal Loan 25k

Navy Fed CLOC 6.5k (all i asked for)

BBVA Compass 5.5k

Paypal Credit 4.5k

Denials:

Penfed any and everything (closed account, no need for em)

Wells Fargo PL (mortgage with them, never been late in 5 years)

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Fed etc

Very nice limits, congratulations!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 13
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

Thanks Adkins, probably shouldve asked for the whole 15k on the CLOC, but this will suffice for now

Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! These were all approved today?

Also good on you for getting rid of PenFed. I watch in mild amusement when folks here go on and on about them. Maybe NFCU and SSFCU have spoiled me, but I am not a fan of PenFed anymore. 

Message 4 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Looks like Navy finally opened up for yaSmiley Happy. I agree, PF can kick rocks in comparison to Navy, mho of courseSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 13
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! These were all approved today?

Also good on you for getting rid of PenFed. I watch in mild amusement when folks here go on and on about them. Maybe NFCU and SSFCU have spoiled me, but I am not a fan of PenFed anymore. 

These were over the last two months, but all of Navy accounts were within the last month, including the CLOC today, loan 2 weeks ago, and cc around Thanksgiving, paypal last week, bbva beginning of november.

Message 6 of 13
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Looks like Navy finally opened up for yaSmiley Happy. I agree, PF can kick rocks in comparison to Navy, mho of courseSmiley Wink

FINALLY lol, after two years, guess they arent afraid of my BK7 anymore.  Yep so done with Penfed, couldnt get any love from them, so I hit em wit the dueces!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I love Navy.

Not sure how I feel about Pen Fed yet but I did open up with them over the summer. We’ll see how that goes.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! way to end the year or start the new one!!

I have had good success with Penfed, tho I had to "buy my way in" by donating to voices for the troops, which I didnt mind.

I got a plat card 10k limit and after a spending spree in the 2nd month and paying in full before statment cut, i received a pre qual personal loan for 10k tho I only took out a 5k.

I wish Navy Fed had a similar way in. I missed out a couple of months ago when they had a member referral deal open for week. My girlfriend who banks there, told me about it after the deadline. I was sad...

Message 9 of 13
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! way to end the year or start the new one!!

I have had good success with Penfed, tho I had to "buy my way in" by donating to voices for the troops, which I didnt mind.

I got a plat card 10k limit and after a spending spree in the 2nd month and paying in full before statment cut, i received a pre qual personal loan for 10k tho I only took out a 5k.

I wish Navy Fed had a similar way in. I missed out a couple of months ago when they had a member referral deal open for week. My girlfriend who banks there, told me about it after the deadline. I was sad...

Thanks chickenfoot123, I got both memberships around the same time, and although it took me two years to get any movement with Navy, PenFed still wont budge, but after all the Navy approvals, dont really need PenFed anymore.  I still have my local credit union and NASA, and Cap1 (who was the first to show love after bk7 and the first to give me a 20k limit)

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.