Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed is generous!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed is generous!!!!

Rebuilding, just cracked 700 on one and hovering 680 on the others with no late pays in 3 yrs and one open 5 yr old collection.  Got into Navy via Navy League. Only opened checking and savings.  Got an email offer for cashRewards but no offers in my online account offers so I applied via the link in email. I received a try again error so I tried again and got the same error.  I called after work to see if the application went thru and was told no such application on file.  Applied over the phone and approved, 25k!!!!!!  

These NFCU limits are no joke!   I am beyond excited!!! These boards have taught me so much. I am paying it forward by helping my sister, brother and a few coworkers with their rebuilds.  Love this forum!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
gloveulent
New Contributor

Re: Navy Fed is generous!!!!

Congrats. Was joining pretty straight forward? I just joined Penfed I couldn't figure out how to join navy fed. 

PenFed Plat Rewards $15k | PenFed Amex $5k | PenFed LOC $500 | CapOne Venture $17k | CapOne VentureOne $6.2k| CapOne QS $4.5k | Affinity 6k | Affinity LOC 7.5k | Banana Rep SC $10k | Best Buy SC $4.3k | Chase SP 21.5k | Chase Marriott 1.5k | Amex BCP 21k | Amex ED 1.5k | Amex Business BCP $12.8K| Amazon SC $10k | Paypal $5.5k. AU Accts: Amex Blue Cash $35k | AAoA 4.3yrs| Util 24%

Starting Score: 606 for allCurrent Score: Ex.733 TU:745 EQ:749 07/05/2021Goal Score: 800a
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined Navy after joining the Navy League online. Once i received my membership papers I drove 2 hrs to a local Navy Fed branch and opened a new account. No problems joining at the branch. Waited a month and then added my mom and sister via their referral program and we all received a $50 bonus. I will get $50 for each family member up to $250 and the new cc qualifies for $200 credit if I charge $3,000 in first 90 days. So Navy will have paid me $450 in the four .onths of membership on top of giving me my largest cc line. Couldnt be happier with my decision to jump thru a few hoops to join this credit union.
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Just joined Navy Fed myself!
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Rebuilding, just cracked 700 on one and hovering 680 on the others with no late pays in 3 yrs and one open 5 yr old collection.  Got into Navy via Navy League. Only opened checking and savings.  Got an email offer for cashRewards but no offers in my online account offers so I applied via the link in email. I received a try again error so I tried again and got the same error.  I called after work to see if the application went thru and was told no such application on file.  Applied over the phone and approved, 25k!!!!!!  

These NFCU limits are no joke!   I am beyond excited!!! These boards have taught me so much. I am paying it forward by helping my sister, brother and a few coworkers with their rebuilds.  Love this forum!

Wow this is a very nice SL with Navy, congrats on the approval and success !!!

Message 5 of 21
NYFan63
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats work_n_progress - awesome SL!  NFCU is generous.  Stay current with NFCU and it will reap dividends in the future...

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 6 of 21
peghede
Valued Contributor

when i got nfcu visa in july they give more by 3k than my other CU  i have for 5 yrs.they love to show off .lol

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

NOIIICE!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 9 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

Awesome!!! 💜 Navy Fed!
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.