Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal $25k Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal $25k Approval

Well, as the title says, I was just approved for the Cash Rewards card from Navy Federal. Prior to applying for the card, I applied to become a member (I’m active duty military). The entire process took less than 20 minutes. My heart was shaking when I read the approval page. This is my highest CL, by far. Majority of my cards are $5k and one that is $7k. All of my buddies kept saying Navy Federal was a great credit union and now I definitely believe them. I’m also a member of USAA and PenFed. I have no complaints from any of these 3 banks. Fun fact, I called Navy Federal after my approval, just to make sure everything was correct. The CSR was so polite and let me know everything was correct, and approved. I couldn’t be happier! ☺️

Some data:

Application: 20 Jan 2019
Approval: Instant for $25k
FICO: I *believe* they pull FICO8 Bankcard from TU. If so, my score is in the 740’s
Income: Just under $70k
Utilization: 7%
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal $25k Approval

Congratulations! NFCU is honestly my favorite financial institution, they have some crazy awesome UW!

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bravo OP! 👏Nice work!

See IMHO NFCU doesn’t have the greatest SUB’s but they give the opportunity to so many people that normally wouldn’t get it for various reasons. A lot of times I’ve noticed many lenders want to see that you can handle a larger SL before they will grant it. NFCU seems more than willing to take that risk to give people that platform to prove it. I think that is one of many things that make them so great.

Message 3 of 18
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, that's a great SL and I read nothing but good things about them.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval......25k!!!!......Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ll agree with you on that. I knew going into this, I wouldn’t get a SUB like I have from other cards. I did, however, get their special offer of 12-months at 1.99% interest in all purchases and a fixed rate of just under 12%, after the one year mark. I can’t complain about that. The last 8 months have been my big step into the credit world and it’s paying off. After this, I don’t see myself getting any new cards, unless, AMEX wants to throw me another bone 😂
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup that 1.99 is brand new and IMHO crushes LY’s SUB! All the best OP! 😊
Message 7 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats OP on a monster NFCU CL!

Yep, I still remember—as the majority of NFCU members do—when I got my first $15K SL 2 yrs ago. I actually saved the Congratulations page. It really took me a while to stop hooping and hollering with excitement.

Yep, you’ll never forget this moment.

Enjoy!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 18
3se7ens
Frequent Contributor

Wow! Congrats!! Smiley Wink

As of 3/2022

EQ.-721  |  TU.-731  |  EX.-708

Top Cards:

AmEx Gold - $10,000 POT. BofA Americard $17,000 NFCU CR. $16,000 NFCU Plat.$15,000 FNBO Visa $14,800

Disco Miles $14,000 Chase FU $13,900 USAA Signature $13,000  PayPal MC $10,000 

Macy's AmEx $25,000 Macy's AmEx (upgraded) $25,000

Message 9 of 18
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats, nice SL. Remember the golden rule ...

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.