Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal 91/3 3rd Card Approval, Secured Graduation, CLI Results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal 91/3 3rd Card Approval, Secured Graduation, CLI Results

Reporting in with more data points on NFCU and the 91/3 rule for new cards. 

Have had a $500 nRewards secured since Jan 2017, finally graduated to $2K limit on 12/5 (the day of my credit score update within the app). I called in on the 90th day to see if I was prequalified, they said no but to call back on the 91st day. So, it's 6am on the 91st - I called in, the tool was broken. Figured I'd take the plunge.

Previously, I was approved for a $10K CashRewards in Sept with a Navy Fed FICO9 score of 551 (Equifax, TU was about 30 points higher). My first "statement" was cut just a few days after I applied...so I wasn't sure if it would really count as 91/3, but I went ahead.

Applied for the Flagship Visa due to the biggest SUB, and was instantly approved with a $15K limit.

Next, went to request a CLI on my CashRewards to match the limit and got the dreaded "review" message.

Hopefully, it won't be an outright denial - but will recon to see if there's any wiggle room with Navy. I will update with the results either way. Overall very happy and satisfied with the results!

Profile: 9 inqs within the last 12 months across the board. Opened 10+ new accounts this year. Utilization sitting at 18% - no late payments/derogs for 18+ months. BK7 discharged 2016.

Fico8 as of last refresh 11/23/19: EX Fico08 (675), EQ Fico08 (645), TU Fico08 (642)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Federal 91/3 3rd Card Approval, Secured Graduation, CLI Results

Congrats on the approval.  Gotta love Navy!!

Message 2 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on yer Flagship!

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! This is very encouraging for me since I am in the almost same situation. Hoping to get my 3rd card next month at 91/3 and still waiting for my secured card to graduate.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your graduation and new Navy card!

Message 5 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your graduation 🎓 and approval!
Message 6 of 13
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Image result for navy battleship guns gif

CONGRATS  on your Navy Federal 91/3 3rd Card Approval - the FLAGSHIP, Secured Graduation, and Thanks for the DPs!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 13
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Navy graduation and new card!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on that Flagship approval - I’m 90 day’s away and 3 statements out from applying for my 3rd card which will be the Flagship. However. I applied for a CLI on my Amex and got the dreaded under review message - that was yesterday and I still haven’t heard anything back. I called yesterday afternoon as was told they hadn’t gotten around to it yet. I’m still at $10K and asked for the max $25k. I will fall of my chair if I get anything. Please keep us updated.
Message 9 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.