cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal AMEX Approval!!!

tag
Bees83bees

Navy Federal AMEX Approval!!!

Super excited I was approved for $20K SL for NFCU Amex. I previously had 2 secured n'rewards cards that they graduated (the 1st in January the 2nd on May 1st). In June I will be 5 years post-BK-7, my TU is 639, Experian 638 and Equifax 626. Once I saw it graduated I looked at some post on here and got the courage to apply. I was beyond surprised to get an instant approval for $20K! I then tried to get a CLOC and was unfortunately denied. I will try again with that in a few months. Either way, I am happy, I never thought I would get approved for either!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal AMEX Approval!!!

Congrats on the monster SL! Navy is an awesome lender!!!

Cheers!

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and SL! 

Message 3 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your new NFCU Amex! Awesome SL as well-

Message 4 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your new card and great SL

Message 5 of 17
krmurrayjr10
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!

I’ve been eyeing this card for a while now, but haven’t convinced myself to apply for it. My Experian FICO is currently hovering around 702/703, with an AAoA of just over 2 years and 3% utilization. I never have any offers, though when I sign into Navy. Should I try anyway?

Message 6 of 17
Bees83bees

@krmurrayjr10 wrote:

Congratulations!

I’ve been eyeing this card for a while now, but haven’t convinced myself to apply for it. My Experian FICO is currently hovering around 702/703, with an AAoA of just over 2 years and 3% utilization. I never have any offers, though when I sign into Navy. Should I try anyway?

I would go for it, if I were you!

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@krmurrayjr10 wrote:

Congratulations!

What’s your TU FICO? That’s what they use for cards. 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bees83bees wrote:

Super excited I was approved for $20K SL for NFCU Amex. I previously had 2 secured n'rewards cards that they graduated (the 1st in January the 2nd on May 1st). In June I will be 5 years post-BK-7, my TU is 639, Experian 638 and Equifax 626. Once I saw it graduated I looked at some post on here and got the courage to apply. I was beyond surprised to get an instant approval for $20K! I then tried to get a CLOC and was unfortunately denied. I will try again with that in a few months. Either way, I am happy, I never thought I would get approved for either!

Congratulations! Navy is something special indeed. Sorry about the CLOC. Different UW department, they’re sometimes a bit stricter. 

Message 9 of 17
krmurrayjr10
Regular Contributor

My TU FICO according to Barclays was 702 as of 3/17 - should be around the same now.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.