Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Approval

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Navy Federal Approval

Applied 1 month after opening account and was approved for $500 SL. BK discharged 12/2018, UTL showing 40% on TU with 12 INQ. I plan on paying balances to zero and letting all 2019 INQs fall off before applying for another card. What are my chances of a CLI? My highest limit on a single card is $2000.

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Approval

The fact that you were already approved is a good start to your relationship with them.  Future CLI's are usually SP but are specifically related to timing, not just your credit profile.

This thread details the process, timing, potential amounts given etc.  

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional...

Message 2 of 15
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot Congrats on your approval! Based on your SL, it sounds like you barely made it in the door probably due to utilization, fairly recent bk. 

Don't fret since a lot of folks start with low limits on their first Navy cards. Treat them well and they will open the purse strings on your second card. 

Due to covid, most cli are limited to $500-$4000 at the max. You are eligible to apply for a cli after 91 days and 3 full statements. After that its every 6 months from last cli.

Work on bringing that utilization under 30%  prior to your request. Navy isn't super sensitive to inquiries. If you haven't heard of the AZEO method, look it up. 

Also that thread is awesome, you dont have to read through all 1000 pages like I did for assistance. 

Which card did you get btw?

Message 4 of 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 6 of 15
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much, I got the GoRewards 

@Anonymous wrote:

@icyhot Congrats on your approval! Based on your SL, it sounds like you barely made it in the door probably due to utilization, fairly recent bk. 

Don't fret since a lot of folks start with low limits on their first Navy cards. Treat them well and they will open the purse strings on your second card. 

Due to covid, most cli are limited to $500-$4000 at the max. You are eligible to apply for a cli after 91 days and 3 full statements. After that its every 6 months from last cli.

Work on bringing that utilization under 30%  prior to your request. Navy isn't super sensitive to inquiries. If you haven't heard of the AZEO method, look it up. 

Also that thread is awesome, you dont have to read through all 1000 pages like I did for assistance. 

Which card did you get btw?

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 7 of 15
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Glad to see you in with NFCU! I started with a 500SL also. 5 1/2 months later I had another card with a 20k SL and an auto loan. 

I've only been a member of NFCU for 10 months maybe. My scores were 660's- 670"s back then.  

If I were you I would use my card and pay in full every month and they'll take care of you! 

Congratulations and good luck!! 🤟

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 8 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your Navy approval Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.