Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal CU cashrewards Starter Kit Approval

tag
1hotcat
Regular Contributor

Navy Federal CU cashrewards Starter Kit Approval

Well so much for Gardening which lasted 92 days ... Shame on me 

Well I joined Navy Federal Credit Union today and wanted to get in for the benefit of the rebuild. I know this is a big step at this stage yet i'm quickly reminded that I have a ways to go . I applied for the Cashrewards and was approval for the minimum amount of $500.00 at 18.00% APR . I know the 1st card with them is a training wheel card but at least I get cash back and my foot in the door .

Side note I also got a CLI from the dreaded Fingerhut from $400 to $600 . I only had 2 purchases in 6 months so I understand the small increase . Something is better than nothing. 

Thank you all for some of the really good advice. Now back to the garden to let my 7 new toy limit cards this year mature.

Starting Scores:

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 740 (All 3 Bureau's) June 2024 **

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
The 1st stone looks just like a stone until one day you realize that you put one on top of the other and now it's a skyscraper .  

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal CU cashrewards Starter Kit Approval

No need to diminish your accomplishments! Getting in

with NFCU is something I would love to happen ;-)

Congratulations on your success with all your cards.

Enjoy them,

Cheers

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting in with Navy is a big first step. Congrats on your approval!!
Message 3 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Give it least 6 months before you consider a 2nd card with Navy.
Message 4 of 16
1hotcat
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your support and advice !!!!! 

Gardening and observing for the next 6 months !!!!!

Their NFCU AMEX is on my Radar Next !!!!! 

Starting Scores:

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 740 (All 3 Bureau's) June 2024 **

The 1st stone looks just like a stone until one day you realize that you put one on top of the other and now it's a skyscraper .  

Message 5 of 16
Pro-X
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 6 of 16
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats on you approval!👍👍👍

I’m joining this Saturday. It took 1-1/2 years to figure out I had a way in all this time.

This is a tremendous step moving forward...it means you are on the right path to a better financial future🤗 You’re doing great!! Keep it up!👍 Looking forward to your 2nd Card thread😉

Best of Luck on your rebuild!

I❤️NY

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800

>

I❤️NY
Message 7 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on yer approvalSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 16
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS  NFCU cashRewards approval and Welcome to the NFCU family!!! Smiley Very Happy

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 9 of 16
gjean78
Regular Contributor

congratulations on your cash reward application, joining navy is a powerful move toward rebuilding your credit. navy gonna make your rebuilding happen a lot faster with big limits.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.