Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Cash Advance

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Cash Advance

Unles u have the card like I have platinum with 7.49% apr it's worth it to cash advance sometimes at least better than using the CLOC 

on your apr it's to high 

Message 11 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@PicoFico wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval @Anonymous!

Based on the given APR and the amount and current NFCU policy you would be looking at about $40 a month for your minimum give or take.

And for perspective, how long might it take someone to pay that off, given minimum payments are all that could be afforded? Just thought that might be valuable for newcomers Smiley Wink

and finally,

Congrats on the approval!!!!

It is usually not advised to take out a cash advance on credit cards. If one can only afford minimum payments to pay it back that is a disaster waiting to happen 🥺

There is no stigma using a Cash Advance with Navy Federal. It does not bother them in the least and in no way implies financial distress unlike other lenders who advertise this feature yet frown upon its use. 

Message 12 of 29
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@PicoFico wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Based on the given APR and the amount and current NFCU policy you would be looking at about $40 a month for your minimum give or take.

And for perspective, how long might it take someone to pay that off, given minimum payments are all that could be afforded? Just thought that might be valuable for newcomers Smiley Wink

and finally,

It is usually not advised to take out a cash advance on credit cards. If one can only afford minimum payments to pay it back that is a disaster waiting to happen 🥺

There is no stigma using a Cash Advance with Navy Federal. It does not bother them in the least and in no way implies financial distress unlike other lenders who advertise this feature yet frown upon its use. 

I'd have to agree.. seeing they only mark up the APR 2%, as long as it's paid back in an efficient manner it's not bad at all. Most large banks would almost double the apr for that.

Message 13 of 29
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@Cred4All wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@PicoFico wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

and finally,

I'd have to agree.. seeing they only mark up the APR 2%, as long as it's paid back in an efficient manner it's not bad at all. Most large banks would almost double the apr for that.

I don't think anyone has implied it would be stigmatic, only that there's more than meets the eye with it given 'minimum payments' as noted by OP. Or, it could be a 1 month stop-gap and paid off in 2 months, but we don't know, and it's better to hope for the best and prepare for the worst no?

Also not mentioned, interest is calculating the moment cash hits hand...

Rebuild start: 5/15/19

Financial Institutions:
Wells Fargo | NFCU | Penfed
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 14 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I mentioned it because Mom said its usually not advised , which is true for most bank cards. I felt it it important to stress the importance  of knowing its ok to actually use this feature with Navy. Excellent point on the interest part though ime, its not too bad. I think a little interest for Navy more than compensates for them giving us huge lines that msny dont even useSmiley Wink

Message 15 of 29
Jccflat
Established Contributor

The weird thing is most banks  offer cash advance but they don't wanna dear see you doing cash advance Navy has no problem with that whatsoever

Message 16 of 29
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

I mentioned it because Mom said its usually not advised , which is true for most bank cards. I felt it it important to stress the importance  of knowing its ok to actually use this feature with Navy. Excellent point on the interest part though ime, its not too bad. I think a little interest for Navy more than compensates for them giving us huge lines that msny dont even useSmiley Wink

Not advised from a stigmatic perspective, got it! I learned something today. Thanks, AJC (not being sarcastic).

Financial Institutions:
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 17 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Exactly. I cant stand how they flaunt that feature upon approval or advertising for their card. Hey you have a $3k cash advance limit! Uhm , dont use it , we just joshin'Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 29
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@PicoFico wrote:

Not advised from a stigmatic perspective, got it! I learned something today. Thanks, AJC (not being sarcastic).

AJC sarcastic?  .. why neverSmiley LOL

Message 19 of 29
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@PicoFico wrote:

AJC sarcastic?  .. why neverSmiley LOL

Are you trying to get me grounded?! Smiley LOL

I was saying 'I' wasn't being sarcastic!

Financial Institutions:
Products:

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.