Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Card Approved!!! YAY

tag
Kismetavah
Established Member

Navy Federal Credit Card Approved!!! YAY

Hi All, 

I am so stoked.  After literally stalking the Navy Federal Posts for about two weeks.  I made the decision to open an account online as I don't have a branch near me.  I joined with no problem at all and my debit card came in the mail about 4 days after I opened the account. 

I am in the process of rebuilding after a divorce.  My scores are extremely low but little by little I have been able to make a dent and start repairing.  I am currently at 599, 603, 590.  I also wanted to open a credit card with them but decided not to with my low scores.

Well, today I received a call from an Advisor from Navy.  They walked me through the process of my checkings and savings.  Right before the call ended, she asked about credit card.  I explained that I did not want to apply at this moment as I didn't want a denial.  She was very nice and told me "I will hold your hand".   I have 2 capital one cards with $750 and 1 credit one with $500. 

Well, I was approved with Navy Credit Federal for $4000 Cash Rewards.   Thank you NFCU for giving me a chance.

Starting Score: 499 9/2012
Current Score: 3/2013 Exp 523 EQU 568 TU 573
Goal: 700
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit Card Approved!!! YAY

Thats awesome!. I really wish i understood how one gets calls from personal advisors lol. Ive only read about a few individuals who get that extra personal attention but seems to always work out nicely.

Enjoy your new card, Navy is one of rarities to give good sls to low scores. Welcome to the Navy fam , they make others look like Credit OneSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s one of the reasons I keep coming back to reading these forums with great posts like that. Here’s a heartfelt CONGRATS! Awesome post.
Message 3 of 12
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Super.... that is a good start into 2018 - Congrats!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow congrats! Navy Federal is a great institution I hope to join one day!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic! Congratulations, I’m sure your experience will encourage more than a few people who may be apprehensive about applying. Happy New YOU!!!

Message 6 of 12
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Good for you, congrats! I just signed up and got an SL of $500 on Cash Rewards. Looks like no luck with recon so I'll wait out my 91/3 and hopefully get a solid CLI.

Robot Very Happy

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So awesome.  Congrats to you on your rebuild.  

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I'll be joining NFCU in the future.  Just have to get some paperwork together and justify my exit from the Garden Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.