cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Union-Credit Card Approval

tag
BbNulife76

Navy Federal Credit Union-Credit Card Approval

Hello all! This will be my first post on the forums although I've utilized the wealth of knowledge on the forum for several years. Just wanted to report some great experiences for me lately. After hearing all of the buz about NFCU & it's many benifts, I finally decided to snag a membership through my brother who was in the Army. I was set up about a week ago and kept toying with when (or if) I should apply for a credit card with them. I wanted use the new card to BT some of my old balances & hopefully snag a good intro offer. (I was just approved for the Discover It Cash back card a few days prior & didn't want to push my luck. ). Anywho, I finally got the nerve to at least call to see if I pre-qualified for any of their credit products & was told I qualified for all of them; well THAT certainly didn't make it easier. I did some extensive research and finally decided I'd apply (via NCFU's banking app) for the Amex More Rewards card; approved for $3000 SL! I was pleased with this but read on the forums that some people did a recon and their SL was increased. I decided to give it a shot and sent a message on the app (to NFCU credit dept) asking for consideration of an increase in SL to $7,000. THEN I started reading from others who said that this is a bad idea and that you should wait and just adhere to the 91/3 rule. UGH!! I kind of panicked, not knowing what would happen. Fast forward a couple days and I get a message notification from NFCU at 3:30 am. I open it and to my suprise, "Thank you for your message, Ms. xxxx. We have reviewed your recent credit card application. We are please to inform you that your recent credit request has been approved. The credit limit on your More Rewards American Express account has been increase to $16,200, effecetive immediately. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know."  These 2 credit cards alone are  double my previous combined credit limits. 'Less than great' credit caused by my Paypal Credit acount starting to report to the bureaus, resulting in about a 50 point drop which spiked my utilization

Fico 8: Transunion-698; (NFCU used this score) , Equfax-669-(Discover used this one) , Experian-681. Utilization at the time of application was at 58% ! Smiley Embarassed I hoping to see a significant increase in my scores as my utilization has been lowered substantially. Just wanted to share my experience. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union-Credit Card Approval

@BbNulife76    That's awesome!    Congrats Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Awesome work on that recon!

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!! That is amazing. Congrats!

Message 4 of 34
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! That is an amazing reconsideration!
Message 5 of 34
CreditBones
Regular Contributor

With stories like this I don't need to watch suspense movies anymore!
😂😂😂 

Congrats on your approval and recon CLI!!!

AU:

Message 6 of 34
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

16.2K isnt too shabby, grats on it and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 34
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the forums!! Congrats on all your success!!!

That isn't a typical outcome on first NFCU card, so kudos. That's a huge DP for others in the same boat. Thanks for sharing your story!!

Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 34
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU More Rewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 34
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!!

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.