Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Go Rewards APPROVED low SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Go Rewards APPROVED low SL

Y'all...I just got approved! My SL is really low at $500. Wondering if I should ask for recon on that amount via chat? I used the prequal tool this morning, and it said I prequalified for all the cards they have. Should I have applied for something else?

For data points they pulled TU which is 624, and has one collection, I've been banking with them with checking and savings for a month. I feel like I should have waited a couple days to apply because I paid that collection off and it was deleted from Experian this morning but after I got approved I saw it still shows on TU. I have a problem being patient. In March I was in the 495 range so it's been an aggressive process to improve my score but it's working!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Go Rewards APPROVED low SL

Congrats on your foot in the door though any approval right now is a good approval!   Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the approval and I would use that CL and then ask for CLI after 91 days Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 5 of 22
EverForward
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 6 of 22
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Treat navy well and use that card, Then if you want at 91/3 app for a second card and the SL is usually higher but your results may vary. Also ask for CLI after you app for the 2nd card.

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Fico 4 TU 690 Fico 5 702 Fico 2 693
Message 7 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Y'all...I just got approved! My SL is really low at $500. Wondering if I should ask for recon on that amount via chat? I used the prequal tool this morning, and it said I prequalified for all the cards they have. Should I have applied for something else?

For data points they pulled TU which is 624, and has one collection, I've been banking with them with checking and savings for a month. I feel like I should have waited a couple days to apply because I paid that collection off and it was deleted from Experian this morning but after I got approved I saw it still shows on TU. I have a problem being patient. In March I was in the 495 range so it's been an aggressive process to improve my score but it's working!

@Anonymous, I would use the card for a while (as suggested ask for a CLI after 91/3.

Even though technically you can apply for a second card after 91/3.

I would app for a second card after 6 months. You would most likely see a nice approval .. Just My $0.02 cents.

Also some good reading here on NFCU cards and CLI'sSmiley Happy

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional-Cards/td-p/3419729

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone! It's my first grown up card so I'm over the moon even with the lower limit. I will take our advice and be patient for a bit before asking for anything else Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 22
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU Go Rewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.