cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Graduated Today! How long should i wait to ask for a CLI now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Graduated Today! How long should i wait to ask for a CLI now?

After 6 long arduous months my 200$ navy federal secured card has officially graduated to a $2000 unsecured card! Im so happy!!! This is by far my biggest credit limit now, I currently have another $200 secured discover card and a $500 unsecured capital one quicksilver card. My question now is how long should i wait to ask for a CLI? Does this unsecuring count as a CLI and should i wait another 3 months from now? Im planning on applying for a second card with them in about 3 months as well. Yesterday was my last student loan forgiveness payment and im expecting a little credit bump once that loan comes out of collections. 

My current Fico scores are 628 on experian 642 equifax and 654 on transunion. As i mentioned I also have a student loan that is about to be fully rehabbed and out of collections. My last payment was the 19th of this month. 

P.s. can i call navy and get this credit limit switched over to a cash rewards card? Id appreciate the cashback far more than points i think.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Navy Federal Graduated Today! How long should i wait to ask for a CLI now?

Grats on your new unsecured card and the CLI Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
cf2701
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

Speaking from experience, don’t waist a hard pull on a CLI. The unsecure did count as an increase and you have I believe it’s 6 months between CLIs. Someone else can confirm the time between.
BBVA Clearpoints $16,000 | Discover $13,900 | CECU Visa $10,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa Sig. $18,500 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PayPal CB MC $10,000 | Paypal Credit $10,000 | Card $7,500 | AMX Hilton Honors Ascend $2,000 | Wayfair $23,900 | Sportsmans Guide Visa $12,400 | Kohls $3,000 | Capital One Savor One $3,500 | PNC Cash Rewards $17,000 | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 | PenFed Gold $10,000 | Lowe's $20,000 | Best Buy Visa $4,000 | Home Depot $4,000 | NFCU Platinum $25,000
Message 3 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats! 

Message 4 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Gratsulations!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Personally I wouldn’t do anything for 6 months. Just use your card and pay in or nearly full each month. In 6 months then make a move on a second card and cli. No need in getting a denial on a HP. You have a great win, be patient and you will do great.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU graduation and CLI! 

Message 7 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your graduation and nice increase.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got that "Lovin' Feeling" now! Nice CLI and graduation Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Awesome increase and graduation!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.